Unusual ingrown hair????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly Daisy

Reaction score
Hiya - ive just had a client in for a bikini wax and she had quite a few 'normal' ingrown hairs (small red lumps/bumps) but she also had some hairs which were lying flat underneath the skin which you could actually see (hope im describing that ok:confused:) - ive never seen ingrown hairs like this before and wondered how you would go about removing them without hacking into and breaking the skin???? has anyone come across this, and if so any ideas???
thanks
Kelly
xxx

I quite often get the odd one and apart from constant exfoliation, 'Ingrow Go' does the trick for me. Google it.

But I know about the ones that you can see under the surface. No amount of Ingrow Go or waiting gets rid of these. I pick very slightly with a needle just to get a bit of it showing and then hook it out with the needle.

Probably shared too much info there! But when I get them and do this, it works and there is minimal redness cos it's done with a needle and not a huge pair of tweezers. They heal in a day.

HTHs

I've seen that type before. Does your lady (I'm assuming lady!) exfoliate? My sister is v slack on the old exfoliating front and she gets them like that all the time! (And on the QT so do I cos I am equally lazy but we won't tell my sister that!) I just give them a quick flick with my tweezers and pluck them out and cos they are literally under 1 layer of skin it seems to do the trick - I've no idea if this is right but it works for me andI can't think of any other way of doing it! Lx

:eek:omg yhh i get them!

I just stick a pin in, they seem to come out easy enough, if you just gentally push it into the skin it should be able to hook it onto the needle and pull it out. Really do need to have them taken out though because they don't just grow out or get closer to the surface, i pulled one out and there was like 3 hairs and one was well over an inch!

Hope that helpped a little bit :)

Hiya - ive just had a client in for a bikini wax and she had quite a few 'normal' ingrown hairs (small red lumps/bumps) but she also had some hairs which were lying flat underneath the skin which you could actually see (hope im describing that ok:confused:) - ive never seen ingrown hairs like this before and wondered how you would go about removing them without hacking into and breaking the skin???? has anyone come across this, and if so any ideas???
thanks
Kelly
xxx

I'll try with a needle next time! That sounds better than my tweezers although I haven't noticed and particular redness but I could just be unobservant! Lx

thanks lucy-jayne, just had a nosey on google and looks good - ive just emailed her with the link, so hopefully will do the trick - if not, it'll be out with the needle!!:) xXx

thanks girls, i think it sounds like the needle is going to be the quickest method to get them out.
xxx

i used to get loads of these on my legs when i had them waxed. i was never told by anyone i had to exfoliate and moisturise until i did a waxing course myself. it was odd, my legs felt smooth but looked hairy !

my husband gets them in his beard area.. i just needle them and then pluck it..
love doing it to him :)

love doing it to him :)

Oh my god, so do I. I'm like a monkey.... constantly finding something to pick at at my other half!

LOL........we all love an ingrown. You really should get them to exfoliate and moisturise. If they really must, then get them to just release the hair and not pull it out. I know it's hard to leave it though. xxx

Milia probes are good for removing these as they are sharp and sterile. :hug:

Latest posts

Back