Update on customer complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
Sorry ladies

But my blood is boiling !!!

Following my complaint (detailed in my earlier thread)
The woman has now called and said she isn't confident in me to do a good set of nails and wants a full refund!

I said OK fine, (but did get quite cross with her as she seems to be blaming me for the lack of nail bed and the poor results acrylics would bring).

I also explained that any nail technician would say the same - for a good set of extensions you need a good set of nails before hand.

I also said that she may be best to have manicures to help her nails get in good condition before she has extensions.

I am so cross I can't explain why.

I did a lovely set on her friend who did have nice nails in the first place.
And I also told her this.

I also asked her not to spread it round the nursery that I am a bad nail technician (she is the nursery gossip) but said that in a joking way. She was slagging the world and his wife off to me last night so I need to protect my business! I do not trust her and she would slag me off at any chance she got no doubt.

Anyway I just had to let you know

I bet I sound really angry on here (I am as it has cost me money in petrol, acetone acrylic files etc etc)

But to be told someone doesn't have the confidence in me has set me on the warpath.

I am a b**dy good beautician and proud of the service I give my customers.

She seemed to pick up that because I had only 1 years experience that I wasn't any good.

I'm sorry but she has inspired me to go out and do even better nails than I already do.

(Apart from hers, which were OK but not brilliant - due to poor lighting and me being tired and her being drunk and pulling her hands all over the place)

I feel better for having a rant but do apologise if I sound like a crazed loony!

And breathe...!

Take it as a lesson learned hun, you know your nails are good and the other lady is very happy with her nails. People are'nt stupid they all know what this lady is like. x

Hiya...I am so sorry you have had this experience...please don't let it put you off.

I feel i must just disagree though with the you have to have nice nails in the first place thing though...if they had nice nails in the first place they wouldn't be coming to you. Your job is to transform the nails that the client isn't happy with, wether they are short, stubby nail beds, bitten, odd shaped into beautiful nails. This is going to take time to perfect and i am sure that you did your best under the circumstances but you cant really blame her nails. White tips are a definite no no for small nail beds..as i am sure you have now learned...lol they just don't look good IMO.

Don't get angry about this...get positive...practice like mad...and prove her wrong...someday she will see a fab set of nails on someone she knows and will feel gutted when she learns that YOU did them.

Best of luck hun...xxx

Thanks - I know and my friend is here and we are having a bitch! Anyway I will take a lesson learned and get on with it. People are so horrible sometimes!

what a c*w that customer was, i can't believe she had the cheek to do that!!

what a nasty moo troll:evil: ,

im sure you are a great nail tech and as you have said you are going to make sure you do even better, GOOD FOR YOU then she will be the one looking stupid
good luck, although im sure you wont need it

tinkywinky said:
I am a b**dy good beautician and proud of the service I give my customers.

I'm sorry but she has inspired me to go out and do even better nails than I already do.

!

I like your attitude!!.............I also agree with Nailstyle that we as nail technicians are there to enhance these short nail beds as well as the long beautiful ones....and the majority of people who come through our doors wanting nail enhancements do have problems of some sort.
That said...do not let this woman get you down...concentrate on the positive, once you calm down!!, and remember her pals nails were lovely!
I would also not work as late as this if you can help it... and limit the alcohol intake of your clients whilst your work!...If needs be keep hold of her hands at all times so that she cannot lift a glass!!!...that'll teach em.......

tinkywinky said:
Thanks - I know and my friend is here and we are having a bitch! Anyway I will take a lesson learned and get on with it. People are so horrible sometimes!

having a good bitch will make you feel so much better.After all this i think i would of turned and said to her "what?you expect to get a nice set of nails when your p****d out of your head...?".At the end of it all babe you don't need custom like that.we can please all the people all the time.Think how many people have been happy with your work compared to this one!!??

I'M GETTING CROSS FOR YOU NOW!!!!!!:evil:

sorry i meant we CAN'T please all the people all the time!!!duh!!

DO NOT refund her money, she won't allow you the opportunity to correct it to your mutual satisfaction so she is not entitled to a refund. End of!

We're pretty damned good but you can't always make a silk purse out of a sows ear you know.

Exactly...i do think some clients think we are miracle workers

geeg said:
We're pretty damned good but you can't always make a silk purse out of a sows ear you know.

So did you soak off the nails then?

Because if that was my client i wouldnt let her walk around with nails on her fingers that she has been refunded for!!!

I've had a discussion with someone before regarding some one having there nails done in a salon and then refusing to pay at the end because they didn't like the result(never actually happened just a what if.???) and attempted to just walk out.What do you do?you can't cut them off/remove them as my ex(the copper) told me thats classed as assult as thost nails are now part of that person,but surely thats shoplifting in a way,leaving the premises without paying.what would you do?

Louise, if the didn't pay because they didn't like them then I would get the tips cutters out and threaten her with a full removal that way you know if they are bluffing or not. If they just refused to pay then I'd call in the Old Bill.

have calmed down now thanks everyone. I am so glad she called to cancel as there is no pleasing this lady!

Having a good old drink of wine now!!

In the meantime a good customer of mine who has her extensions done every two weeks has called to re-book.

Shows me I can't be that bad!

Thanks all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx You've cheered me up and I've taken your comments on board.

Latest posts

Back