Urgent advice needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please DON'T give her a refund. She has had months to use the voucher and still has months left on it.

Her saying about legal action is a scare tactic for you to give in to her demands. Any solicitor would just laugh her out of the room if she tried it.

The mum might work full time but she still gets holidays from work so she can always find another date.

Don't worry and don't back down x

Wow, First off allow to send my condolences for your loss!

Secondly, I think your client's way off base & have no shred of decency!
It's not like you're saying I feel blue so I am not coming in on that day(not as if you couldnt be & just wanted her to pick another day, remember it is on your terms & in your time) There is still 6 months to get her appointment in & can do so when ever she pleases! (just like she has her dates so do you, do not sell yourself short!)

Now, She has had a whole year to make due with it & still has not made any effort or plans on how to fit her gift in her so busy schedule, then it is entirely up to her & the daughter to figure out if she should just give it back to her daughter instead of losing out altogether!

Sometimes plans dont work out & we have to make do with what we have.
Her daughter knew her mother works a full time job & should have thought of another gift if she couldnt handle the hours.

You would think that someone going to a funeral would be heart felt & understandable but as I know some clients, they are so stuck up & obnoxious whom do not deserve the energy you are wasting on them.

You know what I understand why you feel like perhaps she might bad mouth you to someone but hey lets face it, in our business there will always be a client like that, that will make threats even if she has that appointment & doesnt like your work. So, should you get all mushy about it, why waste time & energy? Clients come a dime a dozen once you get the ball running & people know your work & talent.

If she wants to make empty threats I say Bring it on sweetie!
You offered her change of date, explained your situation & I promise you that any judge will agree that you arent at fault because 1. she can still find a way to make it with 6 more months...2. Pass it back to her daughter to be in full use. Only time a judge will grant a refund is if you were at fault. Let her prove that it was your fault, she cant it's still valid for 6 months!

I urge you to record all calls from this client as evidence in case it does get that far. Anything she says, any threats she makes might be admissible in a court of law as irrational behavior & you might even be able to place a counter suit on grounds of open threats in your place of business. (Sorry old habits to see it from the legal point of view) :)

Dont sweat it hun, clients will come & go & those that worth having will not be as cruel as this one is! :Love:

Shocking !
id tell her that the wake is being held at yours and whilst she may be comfortable having her nails done during this, your not

First of I'm sorry to hear about your nan

Some people are just so rude. I can't believe her reaction.

I agree you should not have to give a refund however if it was me I would as it doesn't sound like a client I would want to have. Do you really want to treat her now?

Hope you sort it

Regards xx

First of I'm sorry to hear about your nan

Some people are just so rude. I can't believe her reaction.

I agree you should not have to give a refund however if it was me I would as it doesn't sound like a client I would want to have. Do you really want to treat her now?

Hope you sort it

Regards xx

After I wrote my response, I thought about that as well.. Not sure I would want to keep those clients!

I have to say that's how I'd feel. I'd have no problem whatsoever binning clients like that! You do what you want hon xxx

Don't worry about "legal action" it doesn't expire till march lotsa time. There is nothing the legal system could do since she has till next march.

What did you decide to do, out of interest?

I'd of refused the refund: it's the mum isn't it that the treatment's for? I don't recon she'll book in now anyway - bonus for you, you get the money and don't have to do her treatment!

I don't even give in to family - my step-sister let a voucher expire then wanted to take the 'p' and use it in another 4 weeks time - told her no, but as a goodwill I'd do her treatment half price...she refused it and has gone elsewhere - called cutting her nose off to spite her face methinks! So she's paid £25 for crap nails where she could of had lovely nails for a tenner...go figure! Brat :p

And what's she got to badmouth you about? Nada.

If you are going to refund her, which is totally your call, I would make sure she knows why you are doing it, because she is being ridiculous!

Latest posts

Back