Urgent: Exposure for inexperienced nail Tech

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamperedbeauty

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I never realised how fab this site was!! Anyway, I have just finally plucked up the courage to start my nail business (After all that training and PRACTICE!!!) I put an advert in my local paper, as I have been advised by so many. I got calls but no-one really booked except one lady!! And that was for a basic manicure. (I am only advertising manicures and pedicures because I want to perfect my enhancements further.) Anyway, I have had phone calls from 2 different schools in the area telling me they are hosting pampering evenings for parents. Of course I jumped at the chance, but they are only 3hours long each, I can't really do that much really, so my plan is to go for exposure. I'm having leaflets printed and of course I'm going to get my business cards out there, but I also thought of retailing. What can I put on my stand besides Nail Polish, that can get people attracted to my stand?
Who does good retail items, bearing in mind, I'm broke!! If its really good, I'll try to raise the money, but I'm open to any ideas. I've got a catalogue from supernail who do nail polish, lip gloss and body scrubs and have good promotional material. Thank you loads

I find retail items only sell if you truly believe in them. If you say yeah that's good polish then you're not going to sell much. But if you say that this is a truly professional polish with a fab, even coverage, dries quickly and has excellent staying power, try this and you'll never try anything else ... then you'll sell loads. People will only buy from your enthusiasm, and they'll come back if your product does what you say it does.

At the moment I am retailing LCN pedi products, Creative solar range, scentsations and polishes, Orly polishes, Nimue skincare range and Nailtiques products. Most of them have a 50% mark up so the profit potential is good if you can afford the initial outlay.

Hey hun

Just an idea, but as you mentioned the supernail catalogue selling other products like body scrubs etc... why dont you make up little parcels and packages for Xmas. I guess it all depends on how much you've got to spend, but the gifts dont have to be expensive, and once you're up and running, maybe thats another area you can branch out into to increase your earnings.

Good luck and let us know how you got on!:D

Thank you guys so much.
I have thought about xmas gifts and the brands. The inital outlay is my problem. however I'm searching as hard as I can. Thank you very much for your ideas. I'm still open to ideas, I have until 19th of November. Thank you.

Pampered Beauty!!:p

I have done several of these Fayre's in my time...the first one was a disaster as I was right next to a stand selling stocking fillers and everything was about a £1 !!....

My cheapest item was £5.95 an most of my lotions etc were £12!!...........

The next time I did one I stocked up on mini sizes of Solar butter and Cucumber heel therapy...1 for £3 ..or 2 for £5...I sold the lot!!! perfect little stocking fillers....So if I were you I would buy the mini sizes of whatever range you decide on....and hopefully the people who buy them will love them and come back to you to buy more....and have a mani/pedi of course!!!:
Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back