Urgent help re: SPA pedicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karin

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am off to do my first SPA pedicure today & have just watched the creative video to remind myself what to do!

I have bought the heated boots and was wondering at what stage in the pedicure you would use these as they are not mentioned in the video at all.

I am leaving in an hour so I would be grateful for any help you can offer.

K x

I think it is when you put the marine mask on, but am not 100% sure just thought I would try and help.

Good luck:)

Thanks Boogaloo for replying so fast.

My client just phoned and wants me to go half an hour later which is fantastic as it gives me more time to gen up on everything!

I personally wouldnt use it with the marine masque - this is a cooling product

I offer the heated boots with a parrafin wax treatment Karin and leave out the masque, you could use instead of the cooling masque and use the massage oil and or lotions then wrap and put in the booties - ask the client if she wants a warming or cooling pedi

kx

Boogaloo said:
I think it is when you put the marine mask on, but am not 100% sure just thought I would try and help.

Good luck:)

Thanks Karren. Unfortunately I dont offer the parrafin wax treatment (would love to) as I am mobile. The reason I bought the booties was mainly because I found clients feet got cold very quickly and the water in the heated foot bath did not stay hot very long.

I do like using the marine masque and think allot of clients like the cooling feeling. Is there some stage before I apply the marine masque (as this is towards the end of the pedi) you would suggest using the heated booties to stop their feet getting cold?

K x

Hi,
For my NVQ and a quicker pedi generally I soak, apply cuticle rem and push, apply cuticle eraser and solar oil then I put each foot in a polythene bag and into bootees for 5 minutes (I dont have heated ones but I'd use them if I did). It may also be possible to use your bootees for the 5 mins the sea serum is on for. I dont have any formal spa training though so best to ask the experts.
Clients feet shouldnt get cold if your pedi spa has a facility to keep the water warm and between soaks/rinses you keep the foot you are not working on wrapped in a towel.
HTH

Karren said:
I personally wouldnt use it with the marine masque - this is a cooling product

I offer the heated boots with a parrafin wax treatment Karin and leave out the masque, you could use instead of the cooling masque and use the massage oil and or lotions then wrap and put in the booties - ask the client if she wants a warming or cooling pedi

kx
DOOOOOOh you are right!! I said that I was not sure - silly me!

Then it must be when you put the Sea Serum on??? or am I digging a bigger hole for myself?

Hi there, I did the Spa day today & was taught that heated boots can be used when you use the masque. HTH

www.creativenail.com

they have the downloads that you can print off with the cheat sheets that give you a full list of instructions for all manicures and pedicures. Just register yourself and away you go.

HTH

I just checked out that site Lucia and there are some excellent tech notes and stuff on there, thanks for the pointer. I have been to that site before but never actually got down to properly looking.

:)

hi, was that the Spa Manicure Cooling Marine Masque ???

thats interesting, can you remember why they said you could use the heated boots with the cooling masque hun ??

thanks

kx

nicjill said:
Hi there, I did the Spa day today & was taught that heated boots can be used when you use the masque. HTH

Thanks guys for some great tips and Lucia the site you mentioned is great.

It turned out that my client today only wanted gel and smile lines on her toes, so never actually got around to doing a full SPA pedicure. (Thanks Karren for showing me how to do the gel toes, they came out really well).

Anyway, I am still a little confused as to the best time to use the heated booties when doing a full SPA pedicure?

K x

Karren said:
hi, was that the Spa Manicure Cooling Marine Masque ???

thats interesting, can you remember why they said you could use the heated boots with the cooling masque hun ??

thanks

kx

Yep, the cooling masque. Don't know why though, didn't ask I'm afraid. Possibly just because you leave it for a few mins. I don't think you'd really want to use it after the masque as that defeats the purpose of using it in the first place. Sorry I can't be more help!

Latest posts

Back