Using far too much solution - wrong technique?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive been using far too much too and was trained to use horizontol technique, shall i try doing it vertical?x x

Yes abbeygrace I definitely would swap to vertical, you won't waste as much solution x

thanks so much for advice, just sprayed some one with a different solution but after cleaning my gun out and it went perfect and only used about 40ml so happy :) and much more confident now lol x

thanks so much for advice, just sprayed some one with a different solution but after cleaning my gun out and it went perfect and only used about 40ml so happy :) and much more confident now lol x

Oh that's super! well done you :) x

I use the HVLP5008. Hadn't thought about vertical strokes.x

Sorry if this sounds really silly...

I also use this machine and I also tan using vertical strokes. How do you know where to set the dial at the back? Mine is just round and doesn't have an arrow or any type of indicator so I know which clock setting to put it to?

Xx

Turn the dial all the way to the right (this is fully closed) then mark the top of the dial (where 12 would be on a clock) with some nail polish, tippex or something then turn the dial to the left so the mark sits at the 7/8 on a clock face.

Turn the dial all the way to the right (this is fully closed) then mark the top of the dial (where 12 would be on a clock) with some nail polish, tippex or something then turn the dial to the left so the mark sits at the 7/8 on a clock face.

Thank you so much!! :)

After speaking with a lovely lady from Nouvatan and watching the 2 minute spray tan on you-tube, i've changed my technique & am probably only using 30-40ml now. I do vertical strokes & feel so much more confident in what I'm doing. Thanks for your advice geeks xxx

Yay!! Well done xx

I was really bored the other nite and so i tried st moriz in my spray gun only on myself not on a custmer and it actualy turned out nice anyone know if this will be bad for my spray gun or any more info on it ?

tan is so dear for my gun anyone know were to get it cheaper and how did people start of mobile tan peeps ? how to get people in ?x

tan is so dear for my gun anyone know were to get it cheaper and how did people start of mobile tan peeps ? how to get people in ?x

The best thing to do is shop around. I personally only use the internet but you should ring around to get solution samples. In my experience, you have to pay a bit more for a solution you're happy to use on paying customers, but everyone has their own preferences. If you search the treads on this forum you'll find lots of people recommendations. i've found Facebook to be the best means of drawing customers in. After each new spray ask them to put a comment on your fb page & ask them to share you with their friends. I did a lady recently who'd found me through Fb & she said she'd done a search for mobile spray tans & although my name wasn't the only one to come up she thought the comments on my fb page were so good, she booked me. HTH x

hey thanks yeh ihave a facebook page helps alot x

Don't know of anyone in Liverpool area on here? Will try to find a video of vertical strokes. Anyone on here use circular strokes??? x

Hi Jules, if you go into the members list then do an advanced search, put Liverpool into the location box and all memeber in liverpool will be brought up on the search, hths

Last edited:
I agree, never heard of circular, only seen on Geordie Shore too (HOW bad is their tanning?!!?!?) and one guy at ExCel who was AWFUL and had a lot of overspray. I hope you save on mls when you go to using vertical! Good .luck

The airbrush systems , you know the little compressors with an airbrush, recommend circular motions. The tanning solution comes out as a much finer mist and 2 coats are usually the method, I must admit I loved my airbrush and the tans were absolutely gorgeous, just more "refined" iykwim. I changed to HVLP after a lot of deliberation the main reason for the change was the amount of solution used and the time it took to do a tan.

Maybe the trainer was taught on an airbrush system and never changed her method when doing HVLP ?

The airbrush systems , you know the little compressors with an airbrush, recommend circular motions. The tanning solution comes out as a much finer mist and 2 coats are usually the method, I must admit I loved my airbrush and the tans were absolutely gorgeous, just more "refined" iykwim. I changed to HVLP after a lot of deliberation the main reason for the change was the amount of solution used and the time it took to do a tan.

Maybe the trainer was taught on an airbrush system and never changed her method when doing HVLP ?

Hmm not sure about my trainer - i think she gave me lots of dodgy advice!! I've learnt so much more from you helpful geeks than i did from her!!!! Thanks tanfastic x

hi i have just done a course and i have a tan systems 5 HVLP, i have done two tan's and i am having problems setting the flow there is too much spraying out and loads all over the tent, does anyone have any advice please xx

Last edited:
I too need advice on this - don't know how to set the gun. Bumping for you

Hi salon geeks
Im in need of help, I have been trained in spray tanning and did use California spray tan and had no problems, since getting the crazy angel machine I can't use less than 4oz?? I tried undoing the gun so it was a bit looser but it just sprayed out on his own :( its a brilliant product but I don't want to use to much and I'm baffled how you can only use 2oz???
*****please help****

Hi geeks another question. About setting my gun up I have a hvlp 700 sunless. I have the dial on the trigger set tight but it seemed I was using to much solution this way, around 100ml. It's set on medium on the machine. Please can someone help me set it right please thank u

Latest posts

Back