Using Glitter Dust.. Not good!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_Biscuit

Reaction score
Bought some LUSH glitter dusts at Excel and tried to use them on myself.. I could not get them to "work" (LOL!)

The consistensly wasn't smooth enough and the beads wouldn't stick to the nails very easily... I ended up with lumps of neon pink glitter in place of my french... Filing them made them look worse and now my nails look a mess!! Good advert huh?!

What did I do wrong? Are glitter dusts hard to work with or is my mix ratio with the clear powder crap?!

Help!

Hi,

Try a ratio with more powder to glitter than you've got at present. I tried glitter mixing recently and got too much glitter in the mix ratio and experienced exactly what you've described, once I'd added more powder it was fine and worked a treat!

Try doing a search, as there are various previous threads that give suggested mix ratios. Also, look at www.christiesnails.com, she has some lovely examples of glitter work and gives some recipies too.

Totally Agree with the above Less is more with glitter dust lol

Thanks ladies!

Latest posts

Back