UV Acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wondernail

Reaction score
Is it me....I have been coming on this site a while now and I have never noticed anyone mention the system that I use...UV Acrylics...plenty about gel, sculpting,fibreglass....but not uv acrylics....

Is there anyone out there - surely I cannot be the only one - ???!!!

Hi Angela,
what is UV acrylic then? Is that different to normal acrylic that I do then which is Liquid and powder?
Sorry just not familiar with it

wondernail said:
Is it me....I have been coming on this site a while now and I have never noticed anyone mention the system that I use...UV Acrylics...plenty about gel, sculpting,fibreglass....but not uv acrylics....

Is there anyone out there - surely I cannot be the only one - ???!!!

Hi Angela!

I have been using UV Acrylics for a long time! I have now just starting to change my Brands But have always used UV and low oudor L&P?

I have used both VF21 UV and the low oudor one. I also have used the Edge UV low oudor.

I have never had a problem with lifting or anything?

I initially used them because i thought the smell was a little gentler for the client clients when going to their home's>

Luv 'n' hugs
xxxxxxxxx

Hooray...there is someone!!!:hug:

Uv Acrylics basically cure under a uv light, you use the liquid and powder and this forms an overlay over a tip ( I use a clear overlay).

Personally I find them very strong and durable, no lifting (provided application is correct!!!), no yellowing, and most importantly...next to no smell!

I use The Edge low odour uv liquid and their acrylic powder.

I am so glad there is someone else out there...i was begining to feel lonely!!!;)

You can use UV exactly the same as any L&P (i.e Pink and whites, overlay sculpt tip overlay) only as Angela has said they are cured under a UV light much like UV gel systems!

Yeah i think they are durable and strong as you have said Angela, and much more gentler on the nose!

Ps i must add though i started with standard L&P and now use regular L&P as oppose to the UV systems.

luv 'n' hugs
xxxxxxxx

I used UV curable acrylic on my two day nail technician course I did a couple of years ago so I've heard of it babe! I have to say tho' that I much prefer the traditional liquid & powder that I use now on my VTCT course, so I'll be sticking with that in future! (Not meaning to start a riot by the way!:o) xxx

I use star nail ultralyte monomor. it does leave a "gummy " film after curing, but i use my white block and it comes right off. great for odorless!

Latest posts

Back