UV lamp burns

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inked_Skin

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if some-one can help me. I recently bought a new uv curing lamp (36 watt) and yesterday whilst doing my mum's nails she had a sharp burning sensation when the nail was curing so badly that she said it felt like hot liquid was seeping through her finger. I was baffled as this as never happened to me when I have got my nail done. I later applied one nail on to myself and when I was about to cure the builder gel the pain was so sharp on myself that my finger was only in for 3 seconds!..but it still cured.
I'm really struggling finding out what I'm doing wrong or if the watt might be too high? The timer seconds are 90 and 150, but I am swaying towards using it manually.
Please help me!
Thanks
Zoe

Thank you for that - I have read it and I must have applied too much gel

Thank you for that - I have read it and I must have applied too much gel

Or the lamp is curing your gel too quickly, which is why you should always use the lamp recommended for your system.....

Which brand of gel were you using? ...and with which brand of lamp?

Hiya, please bare with me, I'm new to this site..just figured out how to view the threads I have post. The lamp I am using is a 36 watt daylight D33130. The gel I use with this is a.s.p. I over loaded the product, the nails I have been applying are fine now :) thanks everyone. x

Hiya, please bare with me, I'm new to this site..just figured out how to view the threads I have post. The lamp I am using is a 36 watt daylight D33130. The gel I use with this is a.s.p. I over loaded the product, the nails I have been applying are fine now :) thanks everyone. x
No worries, it can take time to get used to it :green:

I'm wondering whether the lamp you're using is too strong for your gel, ASP is at the lower end of the market and the Daylight lamps are powerful, I think the two combined is adding to the exothermic reaction (heat spike) that you're experiencing as well as using too much gel on the nails :hug:

http://www.salongeek.com/general-articles/35947-choosing-uv-lamp-your-gel-system.html

Latest posts

Back