uv top coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dendenz

Reaction score
Hi, when i have visited "american" nail shops they have used a UV topcoat over the varnish (i have fiberglass done somewhere else, they just do nail art on polish for me). They paint it on like varnish, bottle looks like varnish, cure it for a few mins and voila, perfect chip/smudge free nails, rock hard in mins. Its then been removed with nail varnish remover, no buffing etc. I have tried loads of topcoats but cannot find one like this. Please please please does anyone know which one it is, or one similar as its costing a fortune in unused top coats!!

many thanks.....:D

Hi dendenz

What you are describing is a uv top coat polish - this is often confused with gel top coats

If you do a search on here for uv top coat you should find several different suggestions from geeks (make sure that when you are reading them that they are not talking about UV Gel top coats, as these are very different and not compatable with nail polish)

Bear in mind, if you do find what you are looking for you are going to need an appropriate UV lamp to cure this type of product.....

There are some fantastic fast, hard set top coats out there... CND Air Dry is one I often recomend as it's such a fast set, ideal for home use ;)

good luck

I have EZFlow Speed Finish and have had some very positive feedback from clients about it. I have also bought China Glaze UV Light Activated Top Coat but not tried it yet.

These are both UV top coats NOT gel top coats. Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back