Want to start a nail business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

student1518

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I was looking for some advice. I would like to do a gel nail and extension course to earn extra money alongside university. I just wanted to know, how long did it take to get the ball rolling with your businesses, how did you advertise and promote your services, and did you do it from home or rent a space in a salon?
Thank you in advance!

2 years before I had a full diary and knew what I was doing and made enough to make a profit

It takes more practice and money than you would expect. Especially for extensions. It can take quite a while to build your business. Typically they say year 1 - loss, year 2 - break even, year 3 - profit.

For advertising, do your own nails and get a few family and friends in so you can take pics. Then use them on instagram, facebook, etc.

It would probably be better for you to rent a chair/room as you will be part time. They can be percentage based or set rate.

To work from home you would need a treatment license from your local council. To work for yourself you will also need insurance whichever way you go and to register with the HMRC.

I hope this gives you some help x

Latest posts

Back