Warning Ladies/Gents! - Scam! Please read

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he swore at me and the funniest thing of all...he blew a raspberry down the phone at me! I did laugh.
Sorry but had to laugh too! Bloody nutters out there!

Well done for telling him where to go - they would have probably totally ballsed up your site's Google ranking if you'd let that bunch of nutters loose on it!

Lmao just got the call!! Haha I said to him is there a fee cause I'm a student and I'm in my overdraft....yup mobile number aswell...and he was like yeah there is so I said no thanks and he just told me to have a good year and byebye. Might ring the cops and let them know to give them a call ;) haha c

I simply say "not interested" and please delete my number from your database (they won't, I know that) and I hang up. I do that to everyone who rings up asking for the owner, or asking me if I'm Lisa and am I the owner... It usually ends up with someone asking me to part with my cash and that's not happening! :lol:

omg i had loads of these and never realised they was a scam im so lucky iv never had the money to spend on these. i had one yesterday that i was actually thinking of doing and he left me his number, it was for a doctors surgery down the road wanting to put me on the back of there appointment cards for £100 for a year! im so glad i found this thread im never going to advertise now with people that cold call me

Oh my goodness, am I glad I read this! I am currently listening to a message I had weeks ago from someone from the press office for the police and fire services! I didn't bother contacting him back because I wasn't interested, but I didn't know it was a scam at the time and am now even more pleased I didn't bother. Thanks for posting this!

Sorry to ressurect (sp?) an old post but I've just had a call on my mobile which came up blocked. I ignored it and I have a lengthy message from a bloke compile the safety manual for the police fire and ambulance services 140,000 go out to the services and doctors, dentists, residents blah blah. Prices start at £120 + VAT for an 1/8 of a page and the invoice must be paid within 14 days.......

Will be interesting to see if I receive an invoice for something I haven't ordered or spoken to them about. I've kept the voicemail to be on the safe side.

I had exactly the same from the same magazine - just ignore them they will go away x

My hubby has had a call from these people and they are a scam. Luckly we checked the address when the invoice came and it is a p o box address in london. Avoid them

omg this happened to me 3 year ago! but i got the diary sent out to me with the advert in and theyd sent me a form what i "signed" they totally forged everything! they got all my details from a price list! i cant believe its still happening!!

xx

i had the same scam about 3 years ago

Oh dear, I think I may have agreed to this thinking forces mag may be good for business. I received a contract last Thursday as I think in reality I sort of agreed if I could see it in writing.

I was too busy last week and have been catching up on paperwork today, just checked the pack and called them to cancel and they told me I can only cancel within 7 days so i'm too late.
The invoice and letter is dated 29/02/12 which arrived last Thursday.

Anyway, I was quite adamant with the Guy on the phone, told him I did not wish to go ahead with an advert and as far as I am aware under distance selling rules you have a 14 day cooling off period?!

He put me on hold then advised me to send an email to which he gave an address and advised i would hear back.

Well I sent that 15 minutes ago and asked for a response by return. Then I came on here and found this????

I am right re distance selling rules??:(

Last edited:
Hmm I havnt seen this thread before today, but I had one of these calling me up too! It was 2 weeks ago, a lady about advertising in a charity magazine for my "local" childrens hospice. Except the Hospice she was referring to wasnt even local to me! About 50miles away..(this isntantly rung alarm bells)
She was offering a business card sized ad for £120+VAt and when I said no, I cant afford it right now, she reduced it to £60. She wouldnt take no for an answer, but I ended up saying NO firmly and hung up.

xx

This happened to me and i found out by googling the number before i spoke to them. It brought up a forum that deals with spam/bogus calls and i was able to find out exactly what the scam was. I reported this to the police.

If in doubt goole the telephone number...its amazing what you can find out

Also had this in the Kent area last week.

Told them I was busy so send an email with a copy of the booklet with these adverts in them. Never arrived!

If I can't get rid of them I tell them I want 3 references from other companies that have used the service before I agree to anything. Usually does the trick and they ring off.

Never, ever do business like this over the phone.

Thank you to OP for advising us.

from Debbie's HTC Sense

Here are a couple of links to the business link and government websites about buying over the phone and cooling off periods. Looks like it's 7 days.

Customers rights to return goods and cancel services | Business Link

Internet, mail order and telephone shopping : Directgov - Government, citizens and rights

Seeing that this is a known scam and the booklet never seems to appear you may be in a slightly different position though. Contact your local CAB and get some legal advice.

thank you!:sad:looks like i may be unlucky...

Had this last year in Berkshire!x

thank you!:sad:looks like i may be unlucky...

Lynda, just ignore it.

It's a scam and so it's irrelevant what you agreed to over the phone.

They are not providing a bona fide service so they cannot sue you for breach of contract.

If they ring again, tell them you are recording the call and will pass the information to your local police, then put down the phone.

:hug:

i had them last year a week after i opened up .
They even sent me a letter from an debt collection company saying they were taking me to court . I called them and called the girl on the other end of the phone a few names .
They then sent me an email with my voice the way it had been cut it sound as if i had agreed to it . I spoke to trading standers they had been getting loads of calls about them i never payed and they just stopped call .

If they ring again, tell them you are recording the call and will pass the information to your local police, then put down the phone.

:hug:

I'd advise the same x

Latest posts

Back