Watch out for the phone call scam !!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyk

Reaction score
well i got a call from someone at 7.30am a few days ago i answered it thinking it may be a family member i could'nt really hear anything then they hung up on me. Then a few more call's in the day from the same caller which i ignored as i was sure about the first call they had made. He rang again so i ignored it then again 10sec's later so i answered it he just said '' i just tryed to call you why didnt you answer ?'' then puts the phone down. Then another phone call an hour later which i answered '' he said im nigeran i want to talk to you so i try and not be rude and ask what i can do for you, i said look can you stop ring me and he hangs up. I'm now getting very freaked out !!!! whist out that at a pub that night he make more callsmost i dont answer, i exchange a few nasty words he puts the phone down. Then a few mins later similar number again him my mums answers going crazy at him:green: he hangs up. my stepdad rings back but get nothing but music ! i put my phone on silent and that night get a few more calls 4 am 5.30am I remember about seeing somthing on watchdog about something like this phone call scams that when you answer there calls you get charged a premium rate ! i ring t-mobile to tell them and they take the numbers all 3 of them i now have.... and they tell me that they are land lines from nigeria but they cant block the caller but can put have put a bar on my phone calling premium lines :rolleyes: and tell me to see the the police ! i see the police and they dont want to no didnt even take the numbers down i was so mad cos i really freaked me out :eek:

What do you guys think as anyone else herd of oat like this ?

oh gosh yeh that is really freaky, there's so many wierdos around u cant be too careful but it sounds like u took all the right steps...

yes ive heard of it and have had it a few times but not someone speaking though. ive had it when its like a computer saying 'thanks for calling etc etc' and i know im being charged for it so i hang up. then they tend to ring a few times non-stop that day.. with the same number or really similarhavent had it recently though.. but its never been an actual person speaking

so have you been charged for these calls?

I had something similar with text messages that cost me £1.50 per time which i didn't really think much about until I got the bill - until then I hadn't realised that I was being charged, I just thought I was popular (Not really they were all things like sudoku and puzzles).

I rang T-Mobile and went bananas as they said the same to me, we can't block the number from ringing you but we can block your number from ringing them or some such! As if that was helpful - oh fab thanks for that! I went insane and threatened to leave (I have been with T-Mobile since they were first around so they love me) so they offered to change my number for free and gave me an extremely good deal with my phone for the next 18 months (I was never really going to leave them anyway as I don't like change!) and I haven't had any trouble since. I am however now a bit concerned that too many ppl have my mobile no as I use it for my mobile beauty business (can't have 2 phones - I find it hard enough having one to not lose!) but i will cross those bridges when I come to them!

Good luck with your dilemma and shout at T-Mobile, I find it very effective!

Lx

You cannot be charged for recieveing a call.

I hope this puts your mind at rest.

Latest posts

Back