Wax Heating Question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuJu@MB&S

Reaction score
Hello All :)

I wonder if I could ask for your wonderful advice on heating wax.

I am just about to but one of the Babyliss Double wax heaters. And I was wondering, would I be able to line the pot wells with tin foil and just place the amount of wax I wish to use inside therefore reducing the melt time and making it easily disposable between clients? Would doing this screw the machine up in anyway, or is it more of a faff to do this than spoon the melted wax into a seperate pot. Just trying to figure out the simplest and most hygenic way especially as I'd like to offer a mobile service and would like to reduce the melting time. I'm not sure that I want to use the roller systems as I have heard these can leak sometimes, I think I'd rather stick with pot & spatula.

Oooh, also, as an extra question... Has anyone got any fave creams\lotions that they like to use for paraffin wax treatments?

Many thanks y'all :LOVE:
J Xx

I wouldn't do that as it may bugger things up. Besides, you're bound poke a hole in the foilf with your spatula by accident (sods law). I really don't see the point of it. xxx

Could you not just buy a couple of extra liners, so you can change wax easily? That's what I've done with my Hive heater.

Hi Wax Queen

Many thanks for your reply... Good point about breaking the foil, I hadn't thought of that. I guess I'll have to be patient with mobile clients. At least it'll be a good excuse to chat for a while after the consultation whilst the wax is melting and helpfully help to build up rapport!! Xx

Could you not just buy a couple of extra liners, so you can change wax easily? That's what I've done with my Hive heater.
Hi Calla

Thanks for replying also... Sorry if I seem a bit dim, but by liners, do you mean disposable liners, or extra pots? Both sound like a good idea, where would you get these from? I get my supplies from Capital as it is closest to me and they dont seem to have these liners advertised (unless collars are the same thing).

Thanks for all your help ladies Xx

Hi JuJu

I personally wouldn't do the foil thing as it will be a faff and you will also end up wasting a lot of wax.

What I would do is always work from a pot half full and tbh it doesn't take that long to melt half a pot. You can crank the heat up high, stir it every minute or so, then turn the heat right down again. I'm sure when I used this heater I used to keep the wax literally on number 1.

Also, you can heat the wax slightly higher than you actually want it before you leave home?

Good luck :hug:

I have a 1000cc heater from Hive and you can buy separate inner metal liners from Beauty Express for sure, I'm sure other wholesalers will stock them too.

You can buy spare buckets for the Babyliss heater too, but they are bit harder to come by. The only place I have seen them is Sally. However, you can pop a plastic tub of wax straight into the bucket of the Babyliss heater, you don't need to decant it, so you may not need spares.

Lovely Ladies

Some great input here... I am much happier now with the ideas that you have all put forward to me... It's great to have a site like this that helps you to make lots of informed decisions rather than trial and error...

You are all stars... Thank you very very much :0)

JuJu Xx

Latest posts

Back