Wax reaction on face-pics included

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
I waxed a client on Saturday and she has come out in a rash.she had her chin and part of her cheeks done (first ever time) and half a leg wax (has regularly with no problems) Her legs haven't reacted just the face. She said it came out on the Monday and hasn't worn makeup.

What could this be? What advice could I give, she has put suda cream on. Could she have this again in the future?

I used after wax soothing lotion and tea tree cleanser (same as on legs)

She came in this morning and spoke to the therapist and my therapist took a picture and said I will call her.

Do I apologies and put it down to Sensitive skin and because it was the first time and apologies? Do I offer discount? Or to do her chin again next time?

Would appriciate any help and advice
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1470148046.559806.jpg

This can happen on this area after a first second and even third wax!! It's not your fault and there is nothing you could do to prevent it. It can happen with hot as well as warm wax although hot wax is much preferred for use on the face. Sudocream and anti-histamine are the best things to advise. In future advise all clients having any facial waxing, and men having back or chest waxing for the first time that this may happen ... They can then decide when, if at all, they choose to have this treatment. If it happened at wax number four I would be reluctant to continue treating the area. She can be waxed again in 4-6 weeks if she wishes. I think it would be good customer service to offer her a discount on her second wax as a gesture of goodwill.

Thank you so much for your reply. Just wanted to check next time she has it done could she take anti-histamine before or after the wax or does it not matter.

Thank you again :)

Thank you so much for your reply. Just wanted to check next time she has it done could she take anti-histamine before or after the wax or does it not matter.

Thank you again :)
Take it on the day the day after or until it subsides.

My niece has a reaction with all types of wax and threading on her face.

Next time the finishing off using hi frequency treatment afterwards , this is what I do and no one ever in 10 years had this happen on the face. Bikini line yes but was heat related and client didn't listen to me and she went swimming in the sea on same day!

Latest posts

Back