Waxing | London's Bleach Offer The "Downstairs Dye"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
I'll be honest. The time I spend worrying about my 'downstairs' design is minimal. If I can fit it in, and I'm organised enough to book it and I don't chicken out, I will wax but, more often than not, I'm reaching the razor for a last minute tidy up. That's about as much brain power as I can spare regarding my hairy habits, but I am discovering that some people are willing to give it all a lot more thought.

This is evidenced by the fact that Bleach London have been offering their "Downstairs Dye". What started off as a funny idea has now become a bona fide offering on their menu and, you know what? It's been pretty damn popular.

Alex Brownsell, stylist and owner of Bleach describes it as a Marmite treatment. People either love it or hate it but the lovers are starting to win out. Apparently, the downstairs dye job is less painful than having your hair done. The skin is protected with a barrier cream and the product is mixed with oils so it doesn't sting. In fact, bleaching can make your skin numb meaning that your ensuing wax hurts even less.

First, clients will pick their preferred shape - think hearts, triangles, strips and then the area is painted (you don't dye all of it). Ten to fifteen minutes later, the bleach is wiped off and then a secondary colour is applied for a couple of minutes. After that, you're waxed and hey presto, your "downstairs" is dyed.

"We've done multicolour, pink and blue hearts," explains Brownsell. "Hearts are very popular...and tie-dye and leopard print. [We are] always experimenting and pushing it forward."

Indeed. So, if you fancy brightening up your downstairs, get yourself to Bleach.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• tumblr_mr413f9sW31qdu3vio1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mr413f9sW31qdu3vio1_500.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 541
This is always a great topic to read and comment on. I have never been asked to perform one but have had enquires! So must be more popular than we think. This goes back to a documentary on t.v a few years back about 'tuppence toupees'! Another thing i find amusing, why remove'it' then put a covering on?! Bizarre!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

This is always a great topic to read and comment on. I have never been asked to perform one but have had enquires! So must be more popular than we think. This goes back to a documentary on t.v a few years back about 'tuppence toupees'! Another thing i find amusing, why remove'it' then put a covering on?! Bizarre!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Bleurgh! The word 'tuppence' makes my skin crawl!

The Ed. x

Latest posts

Back