Waxing Nose Hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen Smith

theHOTWAXroom
Reaction score
Now I know this has been discussed before, but I had to share my experiences today with you lol!!

I had a client in today, the first nose hair I have ever done. I placed a ball of non strip wax across the end of the semi closed nostril and allowed to set up. A minute later I pulled this away and voilà the hair was all on the plug of wax. My client was ecstatic as there was no pain or discomfort and she was rid of the dreadful little blighters... she does suffer with long nose hairs though bless her ... I know why she wanted it doing.
One down, one to go.. and like the first.. no pain.. all gain.

So ... looking at my nose through my 12zoom mirror I spotted one or two nose hairs and it got me thinking that I should try and rid myself of the little blighters... so I have... and WOW.. it really is pain free. Plucking one nose hair makes me weep... but a whole bunch of them is discomfort free ... How does that work???

Oh I feel so cleansed! :eek:

The very thought of it brings tears to my eyes Jen :eek: :cry:

All I can say is, that you and your client are very brave ladies indeed :Scared:

I agree with Karen! I would have thought that would be the kind of pain to make you pass out!!! :Scared:

However, I'm glad to hear that you've managed to have such good results. Think my bloke could do with a bit of that......................

:hug:

God I have a really hairy nose! (thanks dad!)!

I have waxed it and it hurt a bit (strip wax) and I have plucked it (hurts like hell - brought tears to my eyes!).

I am not a wimp by far, I have a pretty high pain threshhold and I am ok with hollywood waxing but my nose..... oooooooooo!

I bleach it now with jolen. I stick it up there until the hairs are all white (sometimes burns a bit and probably shouldnt do it!) but I hate the little blighters.

I would come to you hun, if it didnt hurt. But on the other hand arent are nose hairs there for a reason??

Kate x

God I have a really hairy nose! (thanks dad!)!

I have waxed it and it hurt a bit (strip wax) and I have plucked it (hurts like hell - brought tears to my eyes!).

I am not a wimp by far, I have a pretty high pain threshhold and I am ok with hollywood waxing but my nose..... oooooooooo!

I bleach it now with jolen. I stick it up there until the hairs are all white (sometimes burns a bit and probably shouldnt do it!) but I hate the little blighters.

I would come to you hun, if it didnt hurt. But on the other hand arent are nose hairs there for a reason??

Kate x

Well non strip wax is the way to go.. no mess and no pain. Yes the hairs are there for a reason to filter dust and pollutants from getting into your lungs. However, I only waxed the ones at the very tip of the nostrils and didn't get any wax into the nasal canal.

All gain without pain.. so who's next lol!!

Thats the one thing I have no confidence in and thats hot waxing. I am a quick and confident waxer and have done thousands of brazilians and hollywoods and always wanted to try hot wax.

We got like 30 mins of training in it at college! I may go on the perron rigot course and learn nose waxing lol!!!

(Oh I wasnt criticising about removing the nose hair.... I am just using excuses to not torture myself hehe!!!!)

Kate

Thats the one thing I have no confidence in and thats hot waxing. I am a quick and confident waxer and have done thousands of brazilians and hollywoods and always wanted to try hot wax.

We got like 30 mins of training in it at college! I may go on the perron rigot course and learn nose waxing lol!!!

(Oh I wasnt criticising about removing the nose hair.... I am just using excuses to not torture myself hehe!!!!)

Kate

I use Perron Rigot at the moment too.. its not hot wax like we used at college, its only slightly warmer than the strip wax and very comfortable to use on the skin. It goes on in a similar way to strip wax, unlike the hotwax which needed to be put on in layers. You will find your whole waxing technique changes once you have learned the non strip wax/film wax. Your brazilian clients would love you for it.. its sooooo skin friendly :) It would be near impossible to wax nose hairs with a strip wax unless you were very skilled and must be very uncomfortable.

I understand nose hair can be unslightly when its out of the nose but surely it serves a very important purpose of preventing dust and particles getting in to your lungs and throat. Would it not be better to trim with an electric cutter?

I work with horses which is a dusty environement and when i get home and blow my nose im grateful for those hairs an couldnt bear the thought of what is on the tissue being in my chest.

But id love to see someone get their nose waxed it sounds so funny lol

A friend is very keen for me to learn nose waxing. If anyone knows of anyone in the Ealing (W5) or surrounding area please let me know and i'll pass on details.

Thanks
Mat

How exactly did you do it? How did you pull it off? I have never heard of this treatment before and would like to give it a go!

is it really honestly painfree? i cant imagine that, i imagined it would be the most painful thing ever!!
x

It was simple.. and absolutely pain free.. I PROMISE.

Slightly press one nostril almost shut and whilst pressed take a small ball of nonstrip wax on a small spatula and gently wipe the wax across the outside of the nostril. Give it 20 seconds or so to set up a bit then release the nostril. I left it a further 30 seconds (it needs to be nice and set or you would be picking off the wax which wouldnt be nice). Once set.. I pressed to be sure then lifted the outside edge.. got a good hold and just popped it off. Out it came.. it had a tiny little groove in the centre with the hair attached. Repeat to the other nostril.. simple as!

As said before though.. dont ever put the wax UP the nostril and remove the hairs that are actually inside your nose. The ones I removed were at the very edge of the nostril.

I personally don't think it's fair to describe waxing as pain free as that very much depends on the pain threshold of the client. You are, after all, pulling hairs out at the root.

If a client says to me, 'is it going to hurt?' I say, 'not as much as you think it's going to!' Honesty is always the best policy imo.

I personally don't think it's fair to describe waxing as pain free as that very much depends on the pain threshold of the client. You are, after all, pulling hairs out at the root.

If a client says to me, 'is it going to hurt?' I say, 'not as much as you think it's going to!' Honesty is always the best policy imo.

Point taken Zoe...

But I can say it was pain free for me though can't I? And my client also said it was pain free.. I was just thinking it maybe similar for everyone.. but heyho.. I get what you are saying.

I did my first nose waxing today, i was very impressed and so was client. I have been shown a couple of times by Kim (wax queen) so had the best teacher and was very confident in giving it a go. Not sure i would have had the confidence to do it had i not been taught. My client couldn't believe what came out, it looked like a little brush :)

I did my first nose waxing today, i was very impressed and so was client. I have been shown a couple of times by Kim (wax queen) so had the best teacher and was very confident in giving it a go. Not sure i would have had the confidence to do it had i not been taught. My client couldn't believe what came out, it looked like a little brush :)

Did it hurt Lynda?

No not at all. just uncomfortable for a short time (waiting for it to set). No were near as bad as it sounds :)

Right just to update, i have just tried this on myself, it was very easy to do and it hardly hurt at all. thanks

Latest posts

Back