Waxing over Cesarian Scar?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I AM always professional and I ALWAYS take charge.

The point I am trying to make is that if a client WANTS their scar waxed because the hair growing around it is bothering them and it's healed and not sore and is under 6 mths old, then with care and attention I will do it with hot wax only and in tiny bits. I'm not saying 'Oh yeah, go ahead and wax over scars within 6 weeks.' Surely it's a no brainer. If it's not healed and it's still sore, you don't do it.

In actual fact.............you don't need to wax over a scar as the hairs don't usually grow out of scars. You wax very close and around it.

Products and techniques have moved on since many of the insurance companies wrote their policies.

Just like in the old days they used to say that a pregnant woman shouldn't lay flat for more than 20 mins as it would stop the oxygen supply to the baby. The first thing that I say to my heavily pregnant clients is ''You tell me if you need to move about as I'll be guided by you'.

So just to clarify guys. If your client has a scar that has totally healed and is no longer sore, with caution and with hot wax only and ONLY if they really want it waxed, try a tiny it going up close to the scar and see if they want you to continue. If it's clearly not healed and/or they don't want it waxed then don't do it.

Like you say Dee, you wouldn't let anyone near your scar until AFTER six months. It doesn't mean that they weren't healed. Everyone is different. :hug:

I disagree with this. I get hairs growing out of my scar. I also get a lot of ingrown hairs in my scar. Its a jungle down there lol
Ps woman are still advised not to lie on their backs for too long when pregnant. I am a fitness freak and have carried on throughout my pregnancy's and was told by several health care professionals and fitness instructors NOT to lie flat on may back during excersise. Its to do with trapping the cord. Worth noting if you are treating heavilly pregnant women xx :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
I disagree with this. I get hairs growing out of my scar. I also get a lot of ingrown hairs in my scar. Its a jungle down there lol
Ps woman are still advised not to lie on their backs for too long when pregnant. I am a fitness freak and have carried on throughout my pregnancy's and was told by several health care professionals and fitness instructors NOT to lie flat on may back during excersise. Its to do with trapping the cord. Worth noting if you are treating heavilly pregnant women xx :)

Gosh, I was given that advice by doctors. Just goes to show!

Update: Just called my client who's a midwife and she said that as long as the client has a headrest or pillow so they're not totally flat that's fine and that's what they do in the hospital. She said its really more to do with when they're laying in bed.

I'm just sharing what she said and I'm not medically trained.

Right, I really must leave work now and go home.

Last edited:
Gosh, I was given that advice by doctors. Just goes to show!

Kim i think I'll stick with your advice rather than someone who isn't a beauty or wax professional! Im sure you've seen plenty scars and are a good judge of how hairy they can be!
there has to be an element of common sense used for all treatments, what do people do halfway through a legwax when they discover a scar or varicose vein? work around it, maybe tweeze some hairs out or dig out the insurance policy while the clients on the bed?
lets be realistic!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

WOW- only just checked back in today to see sooooo many replies. Glad this as prompted so much discussion and thank you all with your input. Think I'll take a bit of everything and apply it!:Grope:

Check with individual insurers to be on the safe side. I would hate to find a thread on here from some poor newbie where they were being sued by anyone because of an assortment of advice on here.

Different insurers have different rules, it is good to know where Babtac stand on this although a little vague. We need insurance companies and our bodies such as The Guild, Babtac and Habia to tell us in black and white what we must and mustn't do when they expect us to be insured and conduct ourselves in a professional manner. It would be nice if they could get together and agree on things like Contraindications, the use of metal spatulas and the disposal of waxing waste.:wink2:

Kim i think I'll stick with your advice rather than someone who isn't a beauty or wax professional! Im sure you've seen plenty scars and are a good judge of how hairy they can be!
there has to be an element of common sense used for all treatments, what do people do halfway through a legwax when they discover a scar or varicose vein? work around it, maybe tweeze some hairs out or dig out the insurance policy while the clients on the bed?
lets be realistic!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Gee, I was just giving my experience of c sections and waxing. Having had three c sections and also sporting a nice tidy brazilian myself I thought that the input of the "client" would help the OP gain a perspective of how people heal. Lots of my fellow c section mums complain of increased sensitivity in the area of the scar months or even years later and tge majority would agree that 6 weeks is unthinkable. But hey, they feel comfortable then its up to them

Check with individual insurers to be on the safe side. I would hate to find a thread on here from some poor newbie where they were being sued by anyone because of an assortment of advice on here.

Different insurers have different rules, it is good to know where Babtac stand on this although a little vague. We need insurance companies and our bodies such as The Guild, Babtac and Habia to tell us in black and white what we must and mustn't do when they expect us to be insured and conduct ourselves in a professional manner. It would be nice if they could get together and agree on things like Contraindications, the use of metal spatulas and the disposal of waxing waste.:wink2:

Wouldn't that be good.There is so much confusion.

Latest posts

Back