Waxing rash - thoughts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jambo x

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

I have recently passed in waxing and my best friends husband let me do his back, he has only had it waxed once before a long time ago and mentioned it came out in a rash, I have read up so much about this and from my take on things it can take 3 consecutive waxes until a rash no longer appears - this is a picture of his back as he came out in a wax with me too, I just wanted to ask which products you would recommend from your experience and just some comfort that it's not anything that I may have done?

Thank you x

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 102
This looks like folliculitis. It's very common after waxing. Bacteria got in the open pore and created this pimple like effect. Best is to make sure you cleanse well before waxing and apply an antibacterial lotion or oil after (something like tea tree based after oil). Another note is make sure he has a loose clean shirt to put on after, that helps keep bacteria out that could be transferred from his old shirt. Also, if he uses an antibacterial body wash it would help as well.

Men's chest and back tend to get folliculitis as they have more sweat and oil glands. It's nothing you did :)

This looks like folliculitis. It's very common after waxing. Bacteria got in the open pore and created this pimple like effect. Best is to make sure you cleanse well before waxing and apply an antibacterial lotion or oil after (something like tea tree based after oil). Another note is make sure he has a loose clean shirt to put on after, that helps keep bacteria out that could be transferred from his old shirt. Also, if he uses an antibacterial body wash it would help as well.

Men's chest and back tend to get folliculitis as they have more sweat and oil glands. It's nothing you did :)
Thank you so much :)

You should be selling them all an afterwax gel. I use the Kaeso one, my clients all love it. The ones that didnt buy it straight away all got converted and are always amazed at why they didnt get it sooner. They still get red and bumpy immediately after, but it never persists and never ends up like this (the ones that did tried the gel and it works!). They can also use an antibacterial soap in the shower, and they shouldnt be swimming (yucky yucky dirty pools I used to work at one and believe me you dont want to do that after a wax for a few days bleugh) or exercising to avoid sweat and bacteria getting into their pores. xxx

Brillian
You should be selling them all an afterwax gel. I use the Kaeso one, my clients all love it. The ones that didnt buy it straight away all got converted and are always amazed at why they didnt get it sooner. They still get red and bumpy immediately after, but it never persists and never ends up like this (the ones that did tried the gel and it works!). They can also use an antibacterial soap in the shower, and they shouldnt be swimming (yucky yucky dirty pools I used to work at one and believe me you dont want to do that after a wax for a few days bleugh) or exercising to avoid sweat and bacteria getting into their pores. xxx

Brilliant thank you I shall look into this!! He is considering shaving again I will tel him to persevere Xxx

This happened the first time I waxed my boyfriends back. He just used aloe Vera gel and it went within a few days x

My son gets this after waxing his back. He's always a bit sweaty, and it's the sweat infecting the hair follicles.
It was lasting a week so he now just uses Immac. (Yuck!)

Hi geeks!

I have recently passed in waxing and my best friends husband let me do his back, he has only had it waxed once before a long time ago and mentioned it came out in a rash, I have read up so much about this and from my take on things it can take 3 consecutive waxes until a rash no longer appears - this is a picture of his back as he came out in a wax with me too, I just wanted to ask which products you would recommend from your experience and just some comfort that it's not anything that I may have done?

Thank you x

I use Kaeso products for waxing (facials, manicures and pedicures). You get to retail products too which brings in another stream of revenue and the clients love the fact they can get the whole product range.

My husband used to get far worse than this and I was convinced it was folliclitous (sp)... I sent him to the doctors as I am not medically trained and it turned out that he was actually suffering from a severe acne breakout and is now on regular medication for it after they found a hormone inbalance in his blood!

If you are worried in future I would ask your client to seek medical attention xx

Latest posts

Back