Waxing reaction?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emlouise_87

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

About 2 weeks ago I did an underarm wax on a regular client of mine, been waxing them for 2 years...the next day they all went so red almost like a burnt mark (I did other waxes that day had no problems) anyway it turned out she went the gym shortly after her wax and I put it down to that. She came today for a tan, and said they've still been slightly pink, and she used veet on them yesterday and she had to take it off as they were stinging. Has the wax caused this? Or some sort of reaction? Any feedback id appreciate! X

Hi geeks,

About 2 weeks ago I did an underarm wax on a regular client of mine, been waxing them for 2 years...the next day they all went so red almost like a burnt mark (I did other waxes that day had no problems) anyway it turned out she went the gym shortly after her wax and I put it down to that. She came today for a tan, and said they've still been slightly pink, and she used veet on them yesterday and she had to take it off as they were stinging. Has the wax caused this? Or some sort of reaction? Any feedback id appreciate! X

I have problems waxing my underarms, I was fine for years and suddenly started getting problems, it's as if a layer of skin has come off, does kinda look like a burn, it can be very sore. mine stay red for over a week.
I've swapped to hard wax and I have no problems. I think over time u can become sensitive. Doesn't matter who does my underarms for me, it happens ever time with warm wax. I now get it on my bikini line also :(

Hi geeks,

Do you use oil before applying the wax? Is your wax at the right temp/same temp with all clients ? If you don't have a digital heater

:eek:

Very physically active clients may get in growns, rashes due to Sweat! Waxing and sweat are not compatible. Sweat can cause irritation to the skin by bringing up dirt and debris to the surface of the skin, causing new irritation and prevent healing or making worse existing irritation.

ALSO (as if that wasn’t bad enough), the irritation is further prolonged and worsened by the underwear or tight clothing often associated with work-outs and other forms of exercise.

DO NOT exercise after waxing and if she used heat treatments i,e sunbed soon after pigmentation maybe causing redness.

Nope my temperature on my waxpot never changes. I know it's because of the gym/sweating etc, but is there anything she can be doing now to help with the redness?

Try aloe vera gel or bio oil too help the redness and heal skin xxx

Sent from my D5803 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'd say that if she went to the gym straight after she more than likely put anti-perspirant on. I would imagine this has got into the pores and caused a reaction.

Nope my temperature on my waxpot never changes. I know it's because of the gym/sweating etc, but is there anything she can be doing now to help with the redness?

Tell her to wear loose clothing as tight clothing may work reddening worse as said above aloe vera and also suggest cold compresses.

If the redness does not go down she needs to see a GP as further issues may arise and as a beautician I cannot offer medical advice. I hope your client feels better soon.

My gut instinct is that she's a client that doesn't take a bit of notice of the aftercare advice. She shouldn't go to the gym etc for 24 hrs as you know and the fact that she's used hair removal cream so soon after having them waxed when they'd been sore is crazy.

Don't worry as you've done nothing wrong. Everybody else that you waxed that day was fine so the temperature was ok and you're a professional so put it down to her not listening to you.

This exact thing keeps happening to one of my clients but it's only on a certain bit of her underarms. I made sure i stretched really well, I always test temperature before her so I know it wasn't too hot and I use oil under. It happened last month so this month I made sure I took extra care and asked her if it felt OK whilst waxing it and after and it was fine, then again the same issue this morning. I'm going to try hard wax next time on her. Maybe she's became more sensitive to it xx

Latest posts

Back