Waxing & St Tropez on Pregnant Client...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caroleloftus

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me whether or not you are able to wax or do a St Tropez tan on a client who is pregnant?

I know it's ok for them to have enhancements but what about other treatments?

Thanks geeks x :confused: xxx

Dont see why not !!!
I always waxed and St Tropezed while I was !
Jayneym xx
caroleloftus said:
Could anyone tell me whether or not you are able to wax or do a St Tropez tan on a client who is pregnant?

I know it's ok for them to have enhancements but what about other treatments?

Thanks geeks x :confused: xxx

i've sugared a lady's bikini line and legs to tidy her up for her caesarean the following day, just trickier to get in a good position to do the backs of the legs!

St Tropez is also ok, though I have seen written somewhere that no fake tan is to be used in the first three months of pregnancy.

in my su-do notes it says no tanning in the first trimester of pregnancy and in the 2nd and 3rd there is a risk of an uneven tan (due to pigmentation etc)

my Fantasy Tan leaflet also says its a no no.

Sorry i'll bet your REALLY confused now !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ambx

I ST Tropezed all through my pregnancy right up untill 13 days before she was due, and if it didn't affect me it shouldn't affect the client, also I found waxing really painful as I became very sensitive to pain ( not a great help when your about to give birth )!

Did st trpez training a few weks ago and one of the models was pregnant and it was fine...cant see what products are in the lotion that would prevent tou from doing so... you could always phone them...

When I did my VTCT Depilation (Waxing) diploma at college, it was made clear that we could not wax during the first and last trimester of pregnancy...
I believe that during the first trimester, this is because of the chances of miscarriage which are already present during that trimester. and during the last trimester, it could lead to early labour!!

I had both waxing and tanning throughout my pregnancy however and had no problems!!!

(I would feel that someone who has had waxing regularly should have no problems carrying on... But, I would not wax someone for the first time during their pregnancy as they would not know what to expect!)

Suex

As far as i am aware from my training with su do it is contra indicated due to hormonal changes and increased pigmentation....
Even though increased pigmentation may be underlying the tan works at this level so it may become patchy. It is like during the summer pigmentation is increased when in the sun...the same happens during pregnancy.
I sprayed a woman who was taking HRT and the tan didn't take at all, infact when she came to shower some hours later it just washed away!! Su-do explained it was the hormonal changes that affected the tanning process!
Way above me!!

Obviously not all women are the same but this would need to be explained to the client.

I think it's a question of some companies being REALLY REALLY cautious. There probably isn't totally definitive proof that it IS or IS'NT harmful to do either of these things - how would you set about doing a clinical study on something like that? :eek:
Which means, that even if there isn't a great deal of evidence one way or the other, a client could accuse your treatment of having caused problems, and it could be hard to argue that you hadn't. Which might result in you being sued for lots of money. People are likely to get very upset if they think (rightly or wrongly) that someone were responsible for bad things happening to their baby. :Scared:
On a personal level (ie, i'm only speaking for what i would do) i think it might be best to abstain from treating them in case you ended up being held responsible for bad things happening.

yogacat said:
I think it's a question of some companies being REALLY REALLY cautious. There probably isn't totally definitive proof that it IS or IS'NT harmful to do either of these things - how would you set about doing a clinical study on something like that? :eek:
Which means, that even if there isn't a great deal of evidence one way or the other, a client could accuse your treatment of having caused problems, and it could be hard to argue that you hadn't. Which might result in you being sued for lots of money. People are likely to get very upset if they think (rightly or wrongly) that someone were responsible for bad things happening to their baby. :Scared:
On a personal level (ie, i'm only speaking for what i would do) i think it might be best to abstain from treating them in case you ended up being held responsible for bad things happening.

i totally aree with you, its such an important thing, why risk it going wrong, whether your fault or not, the client may not see it like that.

Latest posts

Back