Waxing tip

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlepanther

Reaction score
I am due to start my waxing training soon and so thought who better to practice on than myself, having never been waxed before.

I did my legs earlier today and they have come out really well apart from I've had a little trouble with the knee area. :rolleyes: What's the best way to do your own knees? I tried different positions but they're still quite prickly.

thanks

Shouldn't you be growing your hair for the course?? :lol::lol:

No as we have models that we will be waxing

bend your knee and do little patches instead of big strips. And dont try waxing around corners! i.e dont wax right over your bent knee then stick the wax strip to it and expect it to come off smoothly!!!

yes, little patches.....bend knee, do sides, then front, then top.....all seperate. if the front of knee is really dry (i mean really dry!) i have found hot wax is good for removing the hair in this area.......................but surely you are going on a waxing course, they will teach you all this!!!!
good luck anyway xxx

Last edited:
I am due to start my waxing training soon and so thought who better to practice on than myself, having never been waxed before.

I did my legs earlier today and they have come out really well apart from I've had a little trouble with the knee area. :rolleyes: What's the best way to do your own knees? I tried different positions but they're still quite prickly.

thanks

Hi

Just out of interest, is your waxing course for 1 day? Or for quite a few? I'm looking into different waxing courses at the moment - there seems to be loads of 1 day ones but the only longer one I can find is at college as part of beauty therapy.

x

Hi

Just out of interest, is your waxing course for 1 day? Or for quite a few? I'm looking into different waxing courses at the moment - there seems to be loads of 1 day ones but the only longer one I can find is at college as part of beauty therapy.

x

Noodles where abouts are you? in essex there are loads of private colleges that do the units of the city and guild or nvq qualifications seperately so you can pick and choose what you do. the reason colleges dont do this is that they get funding from the government but only if the whole qualification is obtained by the student.....that is why you will find these private colleges are more expensive but worth it if you dont have time to do it full-time at college.

i wouldnt suggest doing the day courses, dont think it is possible to learn everything in one day.......i have also heard that they are stopping people with these one day courses from getting insurance, but that might not be true, just something ive heard!!lol

thanks

Knees can be tricky... Waxing Tip - wait for your course and watch it being demonstrated.

I hope the course is enjoyable for you and that you get some really good grounding into waxing to take away with you and learn from. :hug:

Noodles where abouts are you? in essex there are loads of private colleges that do the units of the city and guild or nvq qualifications seperately so you can pick and choose what you do. the reason colleges dont do this is that they get funding from the government but only if the whole qualification is obtained by the student.....that is why you will find these private colleges are more expensive but worth it if you dont have time to do it full-time at college.

i wouldnt suggest doing the day courses, dont think it is possible to learn everything in one day.......i have also heard that they are stopping people with these one day courses from getting insurance, but that might not be true, just something ive heard!!lol

I'm in Bournemouth - I checked out my local adult education centre and they didn't have any courses running just yet either - so frustrating!! I am dubious of these 1 days courses so I don't think I'll go down that route. x

yes, little patches.....bend knee, do sides, then front, then top.....all seperate. if the front of knee is really dry i have found hot wax is good for removing the hair in this area.......................but surely you are going on a waxing course, they will teach you all this!!!!
good luck anyway xxx

Hi Nicola. Just to say that it's much easier to do the side of the knees before you bend the knee (how I showed you). Apply warm wax (no need for hot wax) from a few inches over the knee (knee bent), then right over the knee to below. Get your strip and only remove the hair up to the bend. Then do the same above and up to the bend. Then, on the bend (the knobbly bit), really apply pressure as a lot of these hairs are worn down by jeans etc. For this small area, you may find it better to pull the strip straight out, rather than up. xxx

Hi Nicola. Just to say that it's much easier to do the side of the knees before you bend the knee (how I showed you). Apply warm wax (no need for hot wax) from a few inches over the knee (knee bent), then right over the knee to below. Get your strip and only remove the hair up to the bend. Then do the same above and up to the bend. Then, on the bend (the knobbly bit), really apply pressure as a lot of these hairs are worn down by jeans etc. For this small area, you may find it better to pull the strip straight out, rather than up. xxx

Hi kim, I think you may have misunderstood what I was talking about. The area I was talking about is the small area directly adjascent to the knee cap which is as I was taught at college much easier waxed bent as it becomes raised and the skin tighter to create a better stretch. This as you say is quite easy to remove the hairs with warm wax and i do use warm wax about 99.9% of the time but if the knee cap itself is extreamly dry, as one of my male clients has, I have found hot wax is excellent for removing more hairs and reducing the need to pull directly upwards which as you know can sometimes cause bruising. Im sure Little Panther will learn alot from her waxing course and then possibly from others like youself but then there is as they say always more than one way to skin a cat and she will soon settle into ways she finds best suits her. X

Last edited:
Hi kim, I think you may have misunderstood what I was talking about. The area I was talking about is the small area directly adjascent to the knee cap which is as I was taught at college much easier waxed bent as it becomes raised and the skin tighter to create a better stretch.
Ah! I beg your pardon. My misunderstanding. Give it another go with strip wax though as it really does work on the knee, doing it the way that I said.

Knees can be tricky... Waxing Tip - wait for your course and watch it being demonstrated.

I hope the course is enjoyable for you and that you get some really good grounding into waxing to take away with you and learn from. :hug:

I agree with this. I think you should practice AFTER your course not before jmho :hug:

Its interesting reading how other people do knees when I was at college I was taught to do the whole of the knee area when bent and have never come across a different way of doing it until I decided to get someone else to wax my legs for a change before my hols. Never again !! The therapist waxed the majority of my knee when it was flat (omg the pain & red raw knees after!) in the end I just lifted them up slightly as I couldn't take anymore I went back again and same thing. I was to embarrassed to say look im actually in agony when you do my knees have you ever tried doing them when they are bent !!

Give it another go with strip wax though as it really does work on the knee, doing it the way that I said.
Very effective- I use strip wax on my whole leg and since the pot is out and heated, I generally do the underarms while I'm waxing. Don't have time at work so I'm home alone, just me and my wax!!!

Latest posts

Back