waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deb32

Reaction score
hi
please can you tell me that best waxing kit i should use ??

thanks deb

hi deb,

Not qualified in waxing yet but im booked on a course on the 27th of this month.

I will be trained with the Hara waxing system which I have heared is really good and used in alot of salons!!!

I personally use a honey wax in a babyliss pro wax heater and paper strips for most of my waxing (legs, arms, backs etc).

And for my bikini regions and face i use the gigi hard wax which doesn't need strips and it's amazing.

I always use the gigi lotions and potions though as i think they are amazing.

Oh and for a real thanks from the client try 'Priva Shave' after the waxing it reduces hair growth and helps stop rashes and ingrown hairs.

HTH

hi
please can you tell me that best waxing kit i should use ??

thanks deb

Hi Deb

I think it's impossible to say which waxing kit is 'best' as it's all down to personal preference.

And as with skincare, there are so many choices! For instance, pot and spatula, roller or tube... warm or hard.. or both...

My personal preference is pot and spatula and I'm currently using Perron Rigot Green Tea warm wax and both Euroblonde and Eurose hard waxes.

I have tried many warm waxes, including Mercia, Salon Systems, Susan Molyneux, Babyliss, Hive etc etc however, one of the reasons I like the PR Green Tea is that, as well as being super effective at removing hair, it can be spread ultra thinly. It's almost a cross between a honey wax and a creme wax in terms of texture. It also looks lovely as it's kind of shimmery and it smells lovely too. I use this is a Hive 1000cc heater.

For hard wax I have again used many, Gigi, Clean n Easy, Babyliss etc, but currently use PR because I find it effective and easy to use. It spreads thinly, retains its flexibility, and is gentle on the skin.

I have used roller wax (Hive, Clean n Easy, Salon Systems) but I no longer use it as I don't think it's cost effective, amongst other reasons. I have never tried tubes i.e. phD or Eggpot.

If you are starting out, I would recommend you get a Hive 1000cc heater and if it comes in a kit you will also get a pot of wax to get you started. Try to get to a trade show where you can see different types of wax being demonstrated.

Hope that helps :hug:

cheers everyone thanks for all the info

xx

cheers everyone thanks for all the info

xx

it depends what you feel most comfortable with. I trained with pot & spatula for 2 years, then went on to the phd system in a salon, now I use that for mobile as I find it works for me.

good luck!

Hi Pink Potions - where do you get Priva Shave from? very interested in finding good aftercare. I too love Gigi hard wax. I unfortunately did not get on with PR but I found the Gigi so much better - lower temperature and little stringing. A bit dearer but worth it.

you need to decide also if you are going mobile or work in a salon !!
if your going mobile the roll on ones that you can heat at home and carry with you would be best cause you can't wait an hour for your wax to heat at somones house unless they come to you (my clients come to me)
Anyway i use salon system with a tea tree wax as some of my clients have sensitve areas..oh and i prefer fabric strips !!:lol:

I'm an Australian Bodycare Fan....

Great range of aftercare, great hygienic systems to work with. Tried a few other systems but kept coming back to ABC. it works for me....:)

Latest posts

Back