'We Miss You' cards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi

I opened a salon in January and have noticed a couple of my clients have not been back since jan/feb time. Does anyone send out 'we miss you' cards or texts offering discounts to entice them to come back? Do they work and what sort of discount do you offer?

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Emily

I don't know whether this will help you, but as a customer I have almost always responded to we miss you offers.

I would try it! Especially either the offer being posted or a txt that allows them to just "quote the code on this txt when booking your next appointment" or "present this txt/voucher at reception" etc.

I dont know though, I think especially maybe older clients won't look at their emails as much or read it and forget it or forget how to find the email again. I know this happens to me and I'm 21! :o

Hi,
I did exactly this a few months ago, I bought blank note cards and wrote a short and sweet message saying I hope this finds them well and that I had missed seeing them . To welcome them back I offered a 20% discount on their 1st visit back.
I sent 8 out and 6 all called and booked in, they all said I don't know where time has gone and I have been meaning to call you etc .
They were all touched that I had noticed they hadn't been in and it was more personal hand writing cards than an email or text.
I say go for it nothing to lose x

My salon business is taking more of a back seat now while I concentrate on my skincare biz but when I had premises I did this as a regular thing & the return rate is usually really good them. As the clients have used you already (and hopefully been pleased with service/treatments) the response rate will always be better than cold calling like with letterbox drops. Much cheaper & less time consuming than leaflet drops too :)

Thanks for yor help guys :)

I got some handmade and printed with my logo on.they were not expensive and they look fab, her website is down at the moment but message me if you want her details

Charlie

One of the best ideas I've read on here. Thanks! Xx

Very good idea- client retention is always better than trying to gain new clients. I might start designing some myself with people's logos on!

Consider that idea royally stolen :)

Love this idea!

I have just ordered 50 free moo cards (theres a link in the ways to promote you bussiness thread) I had 50 different designs on the front with "we miss you" on, then a short message on the back offering a 10% discount on their next visit then my salon deails. I have some little envelopes im gonna adress and send or hand deliver one evening :)

I also ordered 100 mini cards half the size of a bussiness card. i put different thing on the front like Nails, nails, nails, fancy a tan? relax and unwind? go on, treat yourself and a coupl others then just put my salons address, tel no and website on the back. Im gonna leave these in specific places, table sin cafes, at the gym, waiting room of the doctors etc just one or maybe 2. THey looked quite funky - id be impressed if I saw one lying down it'd make me pick it u and see what it said.

for all of the above inc the 50 free cards it was £12 something.

A good afternoons work, especially as it is a quiet day on wednesdays.

A good thing with moo cards is you can have the front a different design on every card! either by uploading your logo, pictures or using their designs.

me again!

heres my referal link if anyones intrested Refer A Friend | moo.com :)

they are offering 50 free facebook cards aswell.

Attachments

• moo cards front.jpg
    moo cards front.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 4,314
  • moo mini cards.jpg
    moo mini cards.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 2,961
  • moo card back.png
    moo card back.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 4,672
Last edited:
nice logo *cough*

What a coincidence that this has come up... I was just about to send some myself! :D

Was going to comment that the logo looks very 'Carl' lol

I'll take that as a compliment! least my "style" is getting recognised. If Picasso can be recognised from a painting I can get recognised from creating a logo!

Was that big-headed enough?

I'll take that as a compliment! least my "style" is getting recognised. If Picasso can be recognised from a painting I can get recognised from creating a logo!

Was that big-headed enough?

You'll have to expand to bigger premises to get your head through the door!! Lol

And yes you can spot your a mile off or it could just be that I spent ages last week looking over and over and over all your work!

N.b

Anyone wanting a logo, rebranding, designing of leaflets etc etc Carl is the man!!

I love my logo, and you deserve a big head Carl - your work is amazing, affordable, quick and you have the patience of a saint!

Latest posts

Back