Weave/ Hair Extension

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chloec

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody can help me?! I am fed up with my hair and want a change. I've been trying to grow my hair for a long time, but it isn't happening. I have wavey/curly hair, but prefer straight. I am a frequent user of hair irons/straighteners, and have damaged my hair because of this. This may be one of the reasons why my hair is taking long to grow. I've also realised that my hair has gone thinner. :cry: But I can't help myself using hair irons, I love straight hair!!!

I was doing some reasearch online and came across hair extensions, but I am afraid of using glue in my hair as it's already thin. I am thinking of doing hair extensions because it can give my own hair a break from the hair irons. But I want to have hair extensions put into my hair in another way not with glue or bonding.

Can anybody help please?? I feel really down and depressed about my hair. Thanks in advance.

I was wondering if anybody can help me?! I am fed up with my hair and want a change. I've been trying to grow my hair for a long time, but it isn't happening. I have wavey/curly hair, but prefer straight. I am a frequent user of hair irons/straighteners, and have damaged my hair because of this. This may be one of the reasons why my hair is taking long to grow. I've also realised that my hair has gone thinner. :cry: But I can't help myself using hair irons, I love straight hair!!!

I was doing some reasearch online and came across hair extensions, but I am afraid of using glue in my hair as it's already thin. I am thinking of doing hair extensions because it can give my own hair a break from the hair irons. But I want to have hair extensions put into my hair in another way not with glue or bonding.

Can anybody help please?? I feel really down and depressed about my hair. Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

I not long got glue extensions out and my hair is so damanged - i think that was mainly down to the way the hairdresser too them out - it wasnt the same person who put thm in due to mat leave and i dont think she was as experienced! But glue def wouldnt help your hair.

What about verlocke zip and go extensions (Zip & Go) or micro/nano bead extensions? They dont use glue and are meant to cause no or little damage to your hair.

An alternative to that and clip ins is Flip Ins - Hair Extensions, Human Hair, Trade Hair Extensions, Flip-In Hair ®
They have both straight and wavy extensions available in 3 diff lengths from about £100-£130

They look good - Depending on ur hair colour u may get on ebay cheap, every now and then they are selling some starting at 99p! But its rare as these are pretty new but they look good!:)

I've tried Clip Ins before and they were such a pain. They never stayed in properly!! And I always felt paranoid with them especially around my boyfriend!

Whereabouts in London are you from?

ive had the klip in extensions, there great for a night out and if u put them in properly they last all night..

ive got the weaved in extensions in at the moment, which i love! they last about three months. for the first few days they are uncomfortable and if your head sore very painfull!! but i love them..

ive had them glued in, and its the worst thing ive ever done, its a nightmare to get out and doesnt last that long for the hastle..

my hairs on the thin side, having them weaved in does put tension on your hair, so u have to keep checking to make sure there not damaging your hair, i've had mine in 8wks and mines okay.. clip-inn extensions will be the less damaging id say tho....
xx

I've tried Clip Ins before and they were such a pain. They never stayed in properly!! And I always felt paranoid with them especially around my boyfriend!

Whereabouts in London are you from?

Yeah clips in are a pain to put in - thats why i think Flip Ins are a great idea - what the video on their website to see how easy they are! Other than i wud look more into the different methods non glue hair extensions!

Im from aberdeen not London :)

Hair extensions that are glued in (if done properly) do not damage your hair, the glue used by balmain is keratin what your hair is made out of! there are a few choices with hair extensions though like micro rings, i only do pre-bonded so can't give you much info on those, but if you go somewhere decent and have a qualified hairdresser who has trained with a good company i.e balmain, racoon, great lengths. you'll be absolutly fine!! xx

ive had the klip in extensions, there great for a night out and if u put them in properly they last all night..

ive got the weaved in extensions in at the moment, which i love! they last about three months. for the first few days they are uncomfortable and if your head sore very painfull!! but i love them..

ive had them glued in, and its the worst thing ive ever done, its a nightmare to get out and doesnt last that long for the hastle..

my hairs on the thin side, having them weaved in does put tension on your hair, so u have to keep checking to make sure there not damaging your hair, i've had mine in 8wks and mines okay.. clip-inn extensions will be the less damaging id say tho....
xx

Thank you all for your response. I have found it all helpful. You said you have your hair weaved in, I have been doing some research on that and I am considering having mine done the same way. I do not live too far from Kent in London. I don't know where I could go to enquiry or even get hair extensions weaved in. If I do have it weaved in, will my own hair get thinner? :eek: I am just worried cos I don't want to cause anymore damage to my hair. I think I've ruined my hair, I used to have nice thick hair, and from bleaching and colouring I have caused stress to my hair! :sad:

Hair extensions that are glued in (if done properly) do not damage your hair, the glue used by balmain is keratin what your hair is made out of! there are a few choices with hair extensions though like micro rings, i only do pre-bonded so can't give you much info on those, but if you go somewhere decent and have a qualified hairdresser who has trained with a good company i.e balmain, racoon, great lengths. you'll be absolutly fine!! xx

I am terrified with having glue put into my hair. I've heard too many horrible stories of hair falling out, or ending up with bald patches. How much would it cost to have it done the way you've explained roughly??x

Latest posts

Back