Website is LIVE! (Your Opinions)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimbers_81

Reaction score
Hey

ur site is lovely very informative & easy to use good luck xx

I love the look, haven't had chance to read through yet though but I did notice the writing under "Terms & Conditions" is hard to read.

I've made the writing darker now :)

Kim x

I have just highlighted it and I think it may be keywords that should be hidden it is just underneath the words "Terms & Conditions" right at the bottom of your page. You can just tell that there is writing there and when you highlight it you can see lots of words associated with tanning. Do you know what I mean?

Your site looks good, it's easy to navigate and read. Well done :green:

You have done a great job with your website. It is really nice to look at, easy to read and I think very classy. I like the way you have a before/after picture to see what the tan looks like.

A couple of mistakes I spotted you might want to look at:

Home page, third paragraph:

"back time and time again as afterall our moto is, ''If it's not good enough for us it's not good enough for you!''

You need a space between after & all.

On the Q & A page:

"Q. I've Never Had A Spray Tan Before, What Should I Expect?
A. On arrival we will firstly fill in a client record card with you, this is to give you an initial consultation. All equipment will be set up whilst you get changed (if your not already) into whatever you feel comforatble in whether this is a black bikini set,"

comfortable has a small spelling error.

"Q. Does The Process Take Long?
A. No, generally it will take about 20 mins from start to finish including setting up the equipment and tent, filling out a client record card for you and then of course the ten itself."

I think you mean tan itself - not ten.

I think you have got a really great page there. Don't think I'm criticizing you in any way, just wanted to help you spot the typos :)

Zondrae

Looks nice. I'd be inclined to make the background colour on the right-hand column (where most of the text is) a bit lighter though, as it would make it easier for people to read if it's a bit lighter, so as to give more contrast against the black text.

And on the "Special Offers" and "Prices & Payment" page, you've got some of the text in Comic Sans font, whereas the rest of the site is in Times. I personally think it would look better if all the text on the right-hand column was in the same font (e.g. Times) but at the end of the day it's up to you. Anyway that is not such a critical issue as the background colour - I'd class the background colour as an accessibility issue, as I've found the text somewhat tricky to read against that background, so it could pose problems for someone who is partially sighted - or perhaps even make it harder for people with dyslexia, etc, to read, for example.

Of course if you really wanted to keep the background that colour, you could make the text white instead of black - it would then stand out much better.

Thanks for all your opinions and advice I really apprecite it...A fresh set of eyes is always good :)

Kim x

Latest posts

Back