Wedding make up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 51741

Reaction score
Hi

So .... a few years ago I used to offer wedding make up. It has never been a strong point for me, so am off for a 1:1 refresher course with a local make up artist in a few weeks. I had my confidence knocked a few years back when I did make up for my friends wedding. Did her make up, her two sisters and mother...I was 14 weeks pregnant hot and feeling sick, so not a great start. Everyone was messing around, up and down, having showers, brushing teeth. Think the took advantage a bit as I was friends with bride. However, managed to get everyone done, but by the skin of my teeth, was just packing away and the brides very rude cousin came storming in and demanded her 4 year old daughter be made up! I complied but put very little make up on her...she then shouted at me for not doing it the same as the other bridesmaids (who were in their twenties!!!)....anyway I couldnt get out quick enough and it knocked my confidence and I have only done friends who dont wear make up usually and only them, no bridesmaids. Anyway, sorry for the long story, it bugs me just thinking about it. However, I know I am missing out big time by not offering a make up service. The things I am thinking about apart from confidence is money and the make up it self. I have brushes but no make up. Am interested in what people have. Have you bought yours all seperately? Did you buy pallettes or ready made sets of make up? and the big question... free trial? Should I charge for trial? What is the minimum/maximum your charge? Any help would be most appreciated!
Thank you x

Hi! I use Mii Cosmetics. I purchased the mobile kit which gives a great selection and comes in a wee trolley which is great for carting about. I also use bits and bobs of benefit make up as I really like it. The Mii kit was quite expensive though. If its just on the day I charge £30 or for on the day plus a trail I charge £50. If the party is for 4 or more people then £45.

I think it's important to charge for a trial too as its still your time your using and the cost of your products. Plus because I'm mobile I also have to take fuel into account.

I hope it all goes well, I love doing wedding makeups! Xx

Hi my price lists are on my site if you want a nose Antonia Cheshire beauty therapy and floral design

I have a mix of products, from elf,mac,illamasqua,smashbox,bobbi brown,crown , benefit plus some over the counter bits

You will prob find that you prefer certain products from certain brands, I luuuurve elf foundation however it is the cheapest ??!!

And really like illamasqua for their high pigments for photo shoots

Perhaps buy a standard kit and then build up with key bits ???
You can also buy samples to try before you fork out the big bucks ;-) x

ah thank you for replying both of you. I am getting a little more excited about the thought of weddings again! Looking forward to buying the make up. Thanks again.... :biggrin::hug:

Latest posts

Back