Weebly website - few quick questions please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lush-Lash

Reaction score
Hi, I'd like to set up a website for my spray tanning business.

I really haven't got a clue on websites, I'd like a free one to begin with see how it goes then I could possibly upgrade to something a little more snazzy later on down the line.

Is a weebly site easy to set up? I mean for me.. someone who hasn't got a clue what to do?

Is it really FREE? Ive always been under the impression nothing in life comes free lol.. Is it all legit or do I have to give bank account details online etc?

Can I get it set up in a day or a week or a month? How long does it generally take to do? See told you I haven't a clue ;-) I'm willing to sit down & work away until it's done if that helps.

I've seen with weebly your web address has weebly.com in... can I change this? I'd like a web address that looks a little tidier if that makes sense. (I think if I've read on salon geek correctly I can buy a new name from 123-reg?)

(promise this is my final question hehe) if you have a weebly site has it generated you much business?

Jeezeee how did I become so computer illiterate!

Any help at all will be muchly appreciated! Thanks danni xxx

Weebly is free but you can pay to become pro which allows you more features like videos etc but you can have a nice looking free site,i set mine up in a day and have just taken a booking for a group tan in April. Websites have always worked for me.

You would have a .weebly address until you purchase a domain and transfer it over, have a look at go daddy as they have an offer on at the moment with domains as low as 2.99 and weebly give you really clear instructions how to transfer your domain from go daddy.

The templates are really easy to use and you can drag and drop stuff all over the page so it really is easy, there is also lots of help on the web for different things to do in weebly and a quick google brings up lots of suggestions on how to do various things.

It's really free to sign up so go have a play you'll see how easy it all is and if you have any questions feel free to pm me, I'm no expert but I know a bit about them I have 5 sites with them at the moment :o

I would buy your domain from 123-reg.co.uk myself, keep the domain name with 123-reg; you can get it to work with Weebly by updating DNS (domain name service) settings.

I would buy your domain from 123-reg.co.uk myself, keep the domain name with 123-reg; you can get it to work with Weebly by updating DNS (domain name service) settings.

Thanks Ruth! I've read your the web site queen on here :) so was actually going to send you a message if I got stuck xx

Weebly is free but you can pay to become pro which allows you more features like videos etc but you can have a nice looking free site,i set mine up in a day and have just taken a booking for a group tan in April. Websites have always worked for me.

You would have a .weebly address until you purchase a domain and transfer it over, have a look at go daddy as they have an offer on at the moment with domains as low as 2.99 and weebly give you really clear instructions how to transfer your domain from go daddy.

The templates are really easy to use and you can drag and drop stuff all over the page so it really is easy, there is also lots of help on the web for different things to do in weebly and a quick google brings up lots of suggestions on how to do various things.

It's really free to sign up so go have a play you'll see how easy it all is and if you have any questions feel free to pm me, I'm no expert but I know a bit about them I have 5 sites with them at the moment :o

Thanks so much for taking your time to reply. very kind of you xxx

I use moonfruit.com, it's similar to Weebly but has nicer templates in my opinion. Hth.

I done my website with weebly....so easy i bought my domain off them to,as i not god with computers ect it was easier for me,take a look
zonenailsandbeauty.com
i paid a bit more for .com as a salon in Glasgow had my salons name!!

Latest posts

Back