Weekend Nails - Do you do them & how to remove

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curzy

Reaction score
Hi

Just doing a new price list for myself and I noticed that a few techs do 'weekend nails'. I was wondering if this was a popular thing and also how do you advise the client to remove them?

From the prices I have seen quoted it never seems to mention removing them and the price of the treatment seems a little low to include the removal.

Can anyone shed some light.

Thanks

Pardon me for asking, but what are w/end nails????

do you mean where you just put a tip on and blend it in ? if you mean this then you can just remove it by rubbing over the tip with an acetone soaked cotton wool pad.

weekend nail / party nails / 24 hour nails are just a tip application & blend. I apply polish as I don't blend as fully as I would for tip and overlay and so there is still a visible seam. You can also apply a few coats of resin too for a bit of extra strength.

they are great for proms, or nurses, animal workers, caterers etc ie for people who may not be able to wear full time enhancements due to their profession, but would like long nails for a party.

Takes about 45 mins to apply & polish, so I charge half my rate for a full set as it takes half the time .. I calculate all my treatment costs by the time they take and then add on the cost of product.

removal is easy as all they have to do is soak in acetone for 20 mins (if that). I very rarely get people come back for a removal.

How long do they last for??? Wouldnt you charge a bit less??

They have lasted anything from 24 hours to 2 weeks depends on how heavy handed the client is. You don't charge for how long they last - you charge for the time it takes you to put them on.

They are getting tailor made nails for a special event that don't just ping off like stick ons - plus a professionally applied polish. If you compare £40 for a fullset of tip & overlay which they don't need, or £20 for what they do actually need then you are offering good value for money.

would it be beneficial to apply a coat of gel to them? I always find that the tips start to crack along the stress area.

You can, but then you're really getting on to a tip & overlay - a layer of resin would be better. I always explain that they are what they say they are and cannot guarantee how long they will last - they really are VERY temporary, but that is why they have them done. But the ones I have done have all lasted for at least 24 hours - I really hammer out the after care & what will break them.

Remember you don't blend them half as much as you normally do, just enough to get rid of the bump.

yeh, i think when i blend i blend too thoroughly! lol.

Lately though, when doing a normal full set ive just been tailoring the well area so it matches the nautural smile line, so yu hardly need to blend. :D

Thanks for your posts, its cleared alot up. :) Thinking of offering this service for prom nights etc.

Latest posts

Back