Wella Color Touch and Color Touch Relights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemini_162

Reaction score
I'm having a lot of customers coming in and wanting these beautiful, rich, fiery reds as they are bang on trend at the moment.
Unfortunately I'm having an issue getting the intensity of the red right while still keeping it relatively natural and classic. When studying photos of celebrity redheads (ok I know the colors are retouched..) it seems as though the base color has a touch of blue while the reflect is gold-red.
I am wondering....will putting a gold relight over say a koleston 7/46 compromise the tone? In other words, will the relight penetrate the hair enough to act as a toner and cancel out the violet? OR will it sit on top of the hair and simply shine golden? I ask because I CANT STAND that magenta shine that a /44 can give.
Here's a photo to give a better idea of what I mean...(I went red two years ago and this is my dream color)
Thanks
bonniewrightsmall.jpg

Last edited:
When ever I used to do reds no matter how bright or dark I used to add a slight amount of 0/65 so when it fades it's more violet not orange! :)

When ever I used to do reds no matter how bright or dark I used to add a slight amount of 0/65 so when it fades it's more violet not orange! :)

Thanks but its actually not the fading I'm worried about. It's whether the color touch acts as a toner, or only changes the color when the light hits it.....

Thanks but its actually not the fading I'm worried about. It's whether the color touch acts as a toner, or only changes the color when the light hits it.....

Colour touch is a Quasi so if you want to tone rather than deposit maybe look at color fresh or perfecton?

Colour touch is a Quasi so if you want to tone rather than deposit maybe look at color fresh or perfecton?

I dont want to tone. Just deposit. I don't want the tone of the hair to be a red-gold, I want it to be a red violet. But when the light hits it, I want there to be a gold sheen rather than a pinky-purpley-red. I want to recreate the look in the photo. Are you saying that color touch relights is what I am looking for?

I dont want to tone. Just deposit. I don't want the tone of the hair to be a red-gold, I want it to be a red violet. But when the light hits it, I want there to be a gold sheen rather than a pinky-purpley-red. I want to recreate the look in the photo. Are you saying that color touch relights is what I am looking for?

Maybe colour with red violet and do a gold rinse with perfecton, can't comment on relights as never used it, but that's what I would do to achieve that colour if I understand your question right.

Thanks. That sounds perfect. I'll give it a go. :)

Latest posts

Back