Wella Koleston Perfect - brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Thoughts

Last edited:
Stop using the /7 and the /73 I wouldn't use the /03 either. These are adding more warmth that you don't want.

Grey

Last edited:
That's alright :)

Yeah you can do the 77/0 and 7/1 instead. Or 6/1 for a better blend.

Is she coming to you every 2 weeks for her colour? If so that might be why it looks so dark to her as the colour is probably overlapping and getting more dense...

On another note I used 7/89 and 5/1 Colour Touch, on a client at the weekend. It came out really nice and neutral. But she had no greys though.

There are root colour sprays u can get , I have clients who use them so they can make their colour last a week or two longer.

Hi, just to add....Mixing 77/0 with anything other than special mix tones will dilute its power to cover the white/grey. Double base colours should only be mixed with special mix tones. Add in 0/45 (red) or 0/43 (orange) depending on what you want, you said less red so I would leave it out. The 77/0 has a lot of warmth in it. Also be aware that double base colours can appear a shade darker on some hair, depends on percentage of white.

If she is base 5 you won't get enough lift with 6%.....

The root sprays are used by some of my clients just make sure they wash it out before you colour

G

Last edited:
I would Colour remove all but the natural root area, I like Affinage Eraser. Sometimes two applications work better for strong red tones on oxidative colours.

If that fails try another application of a 10 vol bleach bath with Olaplex

Then I would apply 77/0 30ml with 3ml 0/81, 2ml 0/11 and 2ml 0/88

Then I would add Olaplex and 6%

Do a strand test if you are unsure.

Hope this helps x

Last edited:
Thank you

Dont think have 0/11 here.

0/28
0/81
0/88
0/66
0/65
0/45
0/43
0/33

Thats it in special mix...

Just to be sure... do you mean to mix all together and then add 6% plus olaplex before applying?

Last edited:
Thank you

Dont think we have 0/11 here.

0/28
0/81
0/88
0/66
0/65
0/45
0/43
0/33

Thats it in special mix...

Just to be sure... do you mean to mix all together and then add 6% plus olaplex before applying?

Yes I do, mix all together then 1:1 ratio 6% plus some Olaplex to protect the hair

Maybe add 4ml of 0/81 with 2ml 0/88 , it's a good silver, but for a base of a 7 may not get rid of that much red, but it depends how much red your colour eraser removes and if you bleach.

Hi there,

I have another question regarding my earlier post.

Managed to lift the clients hair. Level 8 with alot of orange.

We then used wella koleston

120g 7/7 + 8g 0/81 (special mix) 1:1 with 6% wellaxon.

Now tge colour is beautifull, very rich and warm, but thats the issue, its a little too warm...

Would you reccomend increasing the amount of special mix for i.e. instead of 2g p 30g should i use more?

Also, would i be able to to add only special mix to tge entire head inbetween colours to tone out some of the warmth?

I appreciate any advice.

Thanks so much

Hi, just to add....Mixing 77/0 with anything other than special mix tones will dilute its power to cover the white/grey. Double base colours should only be mixed with special mix tones. Add in 0/45 (red) or 0/43 (orange) depending on what you want, you said less red so I would leave it out. The 77/0 has a lot of warmth in it. Also be aware that double base colours can appear a shade darker on some hair, depends on percentage of white.

If she is base 5 you won't get enough lift with 6%.....

The root sprays are used by some of my clients just make sure they wash it out before you colour
What can you mix 77/0 with so it’s not flat? 100% grey hair. Thanks

Latest posts

Back