Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SusieP

Reaction score
Hi
I want to achieve natural looking blonde highlights on a level 7 (quite ashy).
I don't want to use bleach (client's request) so I am going to use koleston. I have been reading some of the threads but am getting more and more confused.
Should I use 12/0 - suggested that it may go too white
Should I use 10/0 - suggested that it may go too gingery
Another suggestion was 99/0.
Can anyone help me please?
Thanks in advance.
Su

Hi
I want to achieve natural looking blonde highlights on a level 7 (quite ashy).
I don't want to use bleach (client's request) so I am going to use koleston. I have been reading some of the threads but am getting more and more confused.
Should I use 12/0 - suggested that it may go too white
Should I use 10/0 - suggested that it may go too gingery
Another suggestion was 99/0.
Can anyone help me please?
Thanks in advance.
Su

99/0 is the same color as 9/0 but 99/0 is used to cover stubborn grey hair where 9/0 would not be sufficient.

12/0 are the high lift tints using 40 volume peroxide. These will give a greater lift and sometimes can be too bright if used on a level 8 and above.
Using 12/0 on a level 7 would probably go too warm as you would be lifting the hair 5 shades lighter and this would result in the warm undertones showing through the hair.

Using 10/0 should also be ok on a level 7, but again if the client has alot of natural warmth in the hair, it can sometimes go too warm or "(gingery)"

If you are worried about too much warmth, always choose shades with ash or violet or even pearl tones in them. These should help neutralise some of the underlying warmth.

If I was using 9/0 on a level 7, I would probably go for 9/1 or 9/8
You could always add a tiny bit of special mix 0/81 or 0/11 to the mix as well to further help reduce any underlying warmth.

Clients with a natural level 8 and above always respond best to higher shades and high lift tints.

;)

99/0 is the same color as 9/0 but 99/0 is used to cover stubborn grey hair where 9/0 would not be sufficient.

12/0 are the high lift tints using 40 volume peroxide. These will give a greater lift and sometimes can be too bright if used on a level 8 and above.
Using 12/0 on a level 7 would probably go too warm as you would be lifting the hair 5 shades lighter and this would result in the warm undertones showing through the hair.

Using 10/0 should also be ok on a level 7, but again if the client has alot of natural warmth in the hair, it can sometimes go too warm or "(gingery)"

If you are worried about too much warmth, always choose shades with ash or violet or even pearl tones in them. These should help neutralise some of the underlying warmth.

If I was using 9/0 on a level 7, I would probably go for 9/1 or 9/8
You could always add a tiny bit of special mix 0/81 or 0/11 to the mix as well to further help reduce any underlying warmth.

Clients with a natural level 8 and above always respond best to higher shades and high lift tints.

;)[/Hi,

Thanks for replying. She is more like a Level 6/7, so will a 9/0 lift enough? Sorry to ask again but I'm really unsure on this one.
Her previous hairdresser has used a Dia Colour which has left a caramel (ish) colour with blonde (bleached) on the ends. Her hair is half her natural colour and half old colours!
Su

Couldnt ya use a highlift with cool tones and if it still went slightly warm just tone it, I done this on a base 6 and it looked gorgeous and very natural xx

Hi

Which one did you use?

Su

Ok, thank you for your help.

Latest posts

Back