What’s happened here?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niche_lauren

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am newly qualified and had a client come to me with this (picture attached) she asked for all of her nails to be done (shellac) apart from this damaged one.

I have 2/3 NSS nearby and she says she’s always went there and this happened after she had her nails taken off (gel polish) that was seemingly taken off by an efile.

I don’t use one personally and I was hesitant to say that they done the damage by drilling as I am not 100% sure.

Can anyone shed any light? Her doctor advised that there was not infection and she would be ok for a nail covering which I said I wasn’t happy to do until it was healed. She has since sent me a photo of her shellac on 1 finger having lifted off at the bottom on another finger in the same place. Slightly worried the same problem has happened on another finger....

Any advice would be greatly appreciated xx

Attachments

• F02F4DC2-D843-402C-9C6B-444B3C0E5696.jpeg
    F02F4DC2-D843-402C-9C6B-444B3C0E5696.jpeg
    939.3 KB · Views: 205
Its impossible to know whats happened, but clearly there is severe damage at the cuticle area. This is a particularly vulnerable area and personally I wouldn't be putting anything on that. The smallest amount of trapped bacteria or further damage would cause bigger, longer on going problems. I would recommend a good quality cuticle oil like Solar Oil twice daily and revisit in a couple of weeks. With regular use of Solar Oil you should start to see some growth and provided that is undamaged, attached to the nail bed and healthy looking I might consider a Shellac application, but I'd want to see it first.

Thank you! Yeah I did advise solar oil to her she has said she will come back and pick one up. I did her shellac (all apart from the 1 damaged) as I didn’t want to cause any further problems. Thank you for the advice☺️

Your poor client!

My guess, and it is just a guess, is that the "Russian Manicure" was done as prep , this is where an e file is used around the parameter of the nail to remove cuticle , they've obviously gone right through to the nail bed with the e file, It shocking and shouldn't happen but unfortunately it won't be last time you see this!

You've done the right thing! You won't be able to put any product over this as soft tissue is exposed. Your client will have to wait till it grows out which could take up to 6 months!

On the plus side when she sees how gentle CND Shellac is when it's done correctly you will have a client for life <3

Latest posts

Back