What are your top secret beauty tips!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right here are ,my top beauty tips :wink2:
Maybelline great lash mascara
Vaseline great for all sorts
Any hemorrhoid cream for that instant face lift lol

Only three?? Mums of 2 boys under 5 need far more than 3!! However -

1) GHD's - to make trendy my very curly hair which when in its natural state was last fashionable circa 1983!!

2) Frizz Ease secret Agent - to tame said hair when not got time for GHD's, ie when Ive got up at 8.10 and have to be out of door by 8.30!

3) Vaseline Intensive care Derma lotion - for my very sensitive skin (god, painting a v attractive picture of myself arent I - mad frizzy hair and red sensitive skin!!)

having said that - I also couldnt manage without Clinque naturally glossy mascara and Lancome juicy tubes - always promised myself that I wouldnt be one of those Mums that turns up at school with no makeup, greasy hair etc, so those two just about prevents that!!

PS - about a million posts ago someone asked about stuff for sensitive skin - I always use Boots' own fragrance free stuff - in blue packaging - its v v cheap but only stuff I can use.

Ohhh this a difficult one, but here goes...

1. Vaseline, can't live without it. It's great for lips, eyelids, skin, hair, I've even used it to shine my shoes when we ran out of shoe shine, (not sure if I should be telling you this) LoL
2. Dermalogica range, especially the conditioning body wash.
3. MAC powder, so silky and light goes on so well.

:D

A good computer chair.
Glasses after looking a this screen all day
a luxurious cushion
pile cream for sitting down too long :D :D :D :D :D :D

Cathy

cuticles said:
A good computer chair.
a luxurious cushion

Cathy
PMSL!!!!!!

1) - Olay Moisturiser. Have been using now for about 15 years (when it was still Oil of Ulay)! Have tried others but find too heavy for my oilier T-Zone, this is perfect. Have switched to one with SPF 15 now.

2) NEVER wash my face with soap. Use soap-free exfoliating wash, vary every couple of months, rinse with water, follow with above!

3) Solar Oil - my nails think they've died and gone to Heaven

4) The Sanctury at Covent Garden (from Boots!) Mande Susu bubble bath - I cannot get enough of this - smells divine! Got the Mande Lular body creme for crimbo - lovin' that too - only need a weeny bit as it's really creamy, and get to smell yummy all day!

4) Hair Tools straighteners & Redken All Soft addictive Hair Transformer (spray a bit onto ends and leave in - can actually get a comb through it then without losing half my hair to the comb!)

Glorsclaws - Eyelash perm and tint is the ONLY way to go!!! I wear contacts so every mascara I've tried (even the ones for contacts wearers I get bits in my eyes).

Have recently started with getting lashes permed/tinted (perm first, then tint, tried other way round but not as striking as doesn't last as long!).

agree about the eyelash perm and tint, but have you tried eyelash extensions :D

mine would have to be anything in the Liz Earle range it all smells gorgeous and does exactly what it is supposed to do.

nik said:
mine would have to be anything in the Liz Earle range it all smells gorgeous and does exactly what it is supposed to do.
i love liz earle products too, i love opening all the little packages when they come

Cant really do much about the way my face looks..lol, but I get complements about my hair. I cant do without:

GHD Hair straightners - give the best shine ever

Pantene Dry Hair Shampoo and Conditioner - I need this with all my straightening

High Speed Hair Dryer - I have really thick hair and this means I dont have to sit there for hours drying my hair!!

Nicki xx

Sorry to be really thick here but a few have mentioned GHD's and GHD hair straighteners....... I don't get out much lol what are they? (apart from the hair straigteners lol thats speaks for itself) can someone tell me where I can get them from????

Hi Everyone

I can't live with out my Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream ! I use it for everything !
It's great if I've been out on the booze, just take off my eye make up (if I'm not too sozzled!), smother 8 hour cream on my upper and lower lids and when I wake up there's no puffiness atall ! It's great.

I would also recommend Elizabeth Arden's peel and reveal face mask, that's great too.

Minkus, I'm also doing my level 2 beauty ! Just started the eye treatment unit and really enjoying it !

Mani-fique! said:
Sorry to be really thick here but a few have mentioned GHD's and GHD hair straighteners....... I don't get out much lol what are they? (apart from the hair straigteners lol thats speaks for itself) can someone tell me where I can get them from????
They are without doubt THE best hair straighteners you can get. They have ceramic plates and seal the natural oils in your hair into the hair as you straighten it instead of drying it out. They make your hair super shiny and are just completely fab!!!!

I got mine from Saks in Leeds so I'd assume most Saks sell them. Lots of other hairdressers sell them too or you could get them off the web - I know missgroovy.co.uk sells them. GHD probably has a website too.

You can get them in 2 different sizes - slim plates or wider plates.

I would definitely recommend getting some - give us your feedback if you do!

oooooh great! sounds like my cup of tea! I've not heard of Saks... not round where I am anyway... I will check out missgroovy.co.uk and see if GHD have a website.... by the way what does GHD stand for.... not Good Hair Day by any chance?

Mani-fique! said:
oooooh great! sounds like my cup of tea! I've not heard of Saks... not round where I am anyway... I will check out missgroovy.co.uk and see if GHD have a website.... by the way what does GHD stand for.... not Good Hair Day by any chance?
Yes it's Good Hair Day!

Ooooerrrrrrrr lol just taken a look at www.missgroovy.co.uk mmmmmm might have to save up for a bit before I can get some of those lol......

Any recommendations as to which is the best to get, and whether slim ones or the wider ones are better..... (I have fine hair but quite a lot of it)

Thanks and sorry to poach the thread.....

cuticles said:
agree about the eyelash perm and tint, but have you tried eyelash extensions :D
Not me!
Once they are permed the top lashes reach my eyebrows and my lower lashes reach my chin!! (Not quite but they are HUGE!!). I don't get the lower ones tinted, they just pick up a little tint from the top ones and they still look striking.

The girl who does them was saying she has 3 sizes of rollers and she couldn't work out why - eyelashes are eyelashes right? When she came to do mine she took one look and said "Ah - so THAT'S what the big rollers are for!" LOL!

"Ah - so THAT'S what the big rollers are for!" LOL!
lmao.

I had a friend at school who referred to her lashes as "spiders legs" because they were so long, she couldn't ever wear mascara because of it.

my 3 things I couldn't live without... hmm only 3? lol
ok here goes...
1. body shop tea tree oil nose pore mask otherwise known as BLACKHEAD REMOVER lmao
2. L'Oreal double extention mascara (spiders legs I ain't)!!!
3. Virgen Vie eye boost, cream eyeshadow, got a couple of these and they're fab.

cuticles said:
A good computer chair.
a luxurious cushion

Cathy

not sure if someone already mentioned it, but this reminded me of that 'tip' that if you put heammorroid (sp?) cream on your face, it's really good (for tightening skin - getting rid of wrinkles, i think??!) Anyway, just tried it...!!:D

...feels tingly and a bit numb, not sure if i actually look much different tho - maybe I'll have to do a street poll, like they do on that programme; '10 years younger'...!:idea:

I couldnt live without

(1) CACI facials

(2) Solar Oil

(3) Spraytan express

For me I use what my mum uses and she is 72 but looks in her 50's and it's nivea and we put Frankincense and Geranium oil in, it's prob just that I am naturly beautifull pmsl and don't need anything!!!!!!!!!!
Can't live without my straightners and if my skin is feeling dry on my body I rub in Johnsons baby massage gel, Tony says I am very low maintenance lol

Take care Dawnie xx

Latest posts

Back