What do the wax geeks think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susie H

Reaction score
I had the following from prof beauty and wondered what you think?

Product news Australian Bodycare

07 Feb 2008​
Sophia Cottier

thumb_hotwaxheaterweb.jpg
The Hy-Wax Hot Wax Heater is a single use, disposable hot wax system. This small unit features a removable insert, which allows new wax to be heated for each individual client meaning no risk of cross infection. At the end of the treatment the therapist disposes of the wax, spatula and foil insert.

The pellets used in the unit are also new and consist of premium quality wax that is fast-melting and easy to apply and remove.

The starter kit includes heater, wax pellets, narrow spatulas, pre-wax wipes, aftercare, foil inserts and an instruction booklet and will be available from the end of February at a limited introductory price of £55.

Call Australian Bodycare on 01892 750850

Related news

Hmmm, initial reaction - and I am far from a very experienced Waxer is that I wouldn't want to use it. You will be throwing away a lot of wax all the time, so you'll have to seriously increase your costs to cover that. Also there is no wax in reserve already warmed, unless you have two on the go.

Proper safety precautions for intimate waxing with no double-dipping mean there is no cross-contamination.

Mat

Hmmmm - Im pretty sure I thought of this idea a while back. Well the foil inserts actually. On the cross infection thread. My idea was to have double wax pot.

Last edited:
yes I agree seems like it could be quite costly in the long run

A pot where you could drain from the main pot to a smaller disposable side pot would be good though! Get inventing!

Like the way you think weezie.

Trish :hug:

wastefull and un neccessary if you use a fresh spatula each time.
thats wasteful too i s'pose but wax costs more than 1p spatulas.

It is very difficult to picture what the size of the pot and the 'removable inserts' are like. I would need to see one in the flesh to be able to pass judgement on it.

Hmmm, initial reaction - and I am far from a very experienced Waxer is that I wouldn't want to use it. You will be throwing away a lot of wax all the time, so you'll have to seriously increase your costs to cover that. Also there is no wax in reserve already warmed, unless you have two on the go.

Proper safety precautions for intimate waxing with no double-dipping mean there is no cross-contamination.

Mat
my sentiments exactly :) x

Thanks guys, very helpful:hug: I am learning everything I can about waxing, prior to doing a course with Kim and maybe one with Andy, if I'm brave enough lol So anything like this grabs my attention but, salesmen always make 'their' product sound wonderful:lol: Its so good to have you lot to show what the good points and bad ones are on something because I often think the problem is knowing what to ask:rolleyes:

I am an ABC nut....:eek::lol:

The thing that i am suspicious of is how much you actually use....i will ask this question at Excel....thanks for sharing though Susie:hug:

I agree with Mat

Hi

With regards to this new Hot Wax Pot from ABC I think its fab! Like any new product on the market you have to familiarise yourself with the equipment and you can only do that by using it.

I know it is a fast heating unit, so if your client comes in for an eyebrow was and then wants an underarm whilst shes there - the wax takes minutes to melt.

Remember the wax used is in pellet form and the heater is very hot and will melt it quickly. The foil inserts obviously give off heat to help this.

With constant use you will soon realise how much wax to use therefore there will be no excuse to have any wastage.

With respect, you as an individual may use a fresh spatula for each application on the body (as taught in college) but in reality how many other therapists have. Escpecially if they are staff and you are not in the treatment room to watch over them.

All in all, this product is the only Hot wax heater on the market that fully concentrates on the Hygiene side to waxing - which has to be for the greater good.:) Thumbs up from me !!

if you only put just enough wax in to do a specfic area, i was wondering if there would be an issue with the depth. when you dip in the spatula for a leg wax you want the wax to cover a decent amount of the stick so that you can spread a reasonably wide strip of wax onto the skin and cover the area relatively quickly. if there is only 1/2 an inch of wax in the bottom of the pot you would have to dip the spatula over and over again to get the wax on to the skin .

I think the heater is aimed at those wanting to use Hot Wax for more sensitive areas such as lip, bikini etc. which doesn't need much wax.

Looking at the depth of the insert though, if you do want to use it for leg waxing you can fill it up more.

Again ABC are obviously focussing on the heater allowing a therapist to do the job but also strengthening the issue of avoiding cross contamination which is widespread nationally.:lol:

didnt realise it was more for hot wax.

but if you fill it up more to get the depth for a leg wax youd definately end up with left overs that you would be throwing out.

I've just posted on another thread before finding this one. I have a pot!

link

I actually like the idea of it but how much are the inserts? You could put just enough wax beads in for each client.

Oh, and Pazzy........yes you did think of this idea a while ago. Just shows that there are some things that we should keep to ourselves. xxxx

Ha ha

Just pleased that it was worthy enough idea to create - however I would never have actually tried to have this produced.

Latest posts

Back