What do you think the future for sunbeds is??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know nothing about sunbeds but my beauty room is in a sunbed salon, they owner says she does a proper skin analysis on each client and they are only allowed so many minutes, she says they are regulated by The Sunbed association??(cant spell that word lol!!)

Thing is whats to stop a client going to our shop and then the one down the road...thus overusing, I know its their choice but the outcome is worrying isnt it??

i am scared about using sinbeds regularly, but i am allergic to fake tan, and even though it tans me the excema it brings up isnt a good look and i scratch it all off anyway!! i am currently using a sunbed once a week for 6-9 mins just to give me that tint of healthy glow. i wish i could just use faketan but its just not possible at the moment.

i am scared about using sinbeds regularly, but i am allergic to fake tan, and even though it tans me the excema it brings up isnt a good look and i scratch it all off anyway!! i am currently using a sunbed once a week for 6-9 mins just to give me that tint of healthy glow. i wish i could just use faketan but its just not possible at the moment.

Have you tried a professional spray tan? My Nana (she's a young Nana) has excema and cant use normal fake tan but she is fine with Spray Tans... Only Tantrick agree with her tho!

You should find a local salon that do Tantrick and ask for a skin test! x

I know nothing about sunbeds but my beauty room is in a sunbed salon, they owner says she does a proper skin analysis on each client and they are only allowed so many minutes, she says they are regulated by The Sunbed association??(cant spell that word lol!!)

Thing is whats to stop a client going to our shop and then the one down the road...thus overusing, I know its their choice but the outcome is worrying isnt it??

I know where you're coming from! Its great that the lady you know does things properly.....but they are few and far between. People love sunbeds, end of, sunbeds always do well, if there was one in a pub people would use it!

I personally do not use one anymore but loads of my friends still do im so pale i dont really tan under one so im a big fan of the spray tan theres a sunbed in our local video shop! its been there for about 20 years people actually go on it so the lady that said if there was one in the pub people would use it i reckon shes right!! Im hopefully in the next year going to be getting my own salon and im in 2 minds weather or not to offer sunbeds i think there dangerous and id be v strict who went on and for how long for, i know people still use them and it would be an extra service but i cant help feeling like im contradicting myself hhmmmmm................

Latest posts

Back