What do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elfprincessem

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm about to set up a business from home and can't decide on a name. I have a list as long as my arm but the 2 that keep sticking out are INK and ECHO. I know they are not the normal 'something nails' but I want to expand into different things and therefore need something versatile.Please tell me what you think or if you can think of any other really striking words x x x

Hiya - Ink would make me think of a tattooist. Echo is good there is a hairdresser in the next town called Ecko. What else are you planning to offer?

Hey nemotail, I dunno 100% yet just some alternatives to just nails, maybe henna, reiki, reflexology that kind of thing, what services do you do? x

Sorry,
but INK & Echo? I don't get it...............what other services are you going to offer, tattoos & singing lessons? (this is my idea of humour so go with it!)
What are your other options, and what other services are you planning on offering......
I mean, I love your user i.d. surely something arty like that would be better........but if you explain your reasoning with the INK etc maybe I will get it.........(its probably my age!!)

There is no meaning to the words, they are just nice words, I like things to be a bit different and don't want to be the traditional 'nails by emma'.(by the way that is not a dig at anyone who has these kind of names as business names are very personal things and you should pick something that you personally like). For instance I'm sure when NEXT named their shop people were like 'whoaa' when they could have been called 'clothes shop' x

Yes, now I totally get what you are saying...........Ink still makes me think of a stationers though. But ECHO is a pretty cool word and could definitely be incorporated into a great business name............now I have got that great Martha and the Muffins song in my head "Echo Beach"..............faraway in time, echo beach.......
Sorry I got carried away there.......but I'll be singing it all night now.......

Keep us updated when you decide!!

elfprincessem said:
Hey nemotail, I dunno 100% yet just some alternatives to just nails, maybe henna, reiki, reflexology that kind of thing, what services do you do? x

Have just completed SVQ2 Beauty Therapy - Waxing, Eyelash and Eyebrow treatments, Manicure/ Pedicure, St Tropez Tanning, Facials, Make-up. Going back to college after summer so will hopefully be adding Aromatherapy, Massage, Reflexology etc. next year. I work from home but am just working on friends/ family just now so havent got as far as thinking of a name yet.

Yes will let you know when I FINALLY decide, keep singing girl! xx

And the list goes on and on....... you go girl, anything you don't do ha ha! What an SVQ by the way just out of interest x x x

Now I can understand your reasoning behind your name, but the difference between you and NEXT is that it is a recognised brand name. So if I said M & S, McDonalds, WHSmith, Asda - you'd know immediately what they are and what they do because they have put literally millions into advertising and marketing that brand. However if you said Echo it would mean nothing! Are you getting where I am coming from?!!

My Company name is Buff! I love it because it's short and sassy (just like me!), and something different. But in all my advertising I use my logo which has buff nails & beauty to really clarify what I do.

Ink personally pen & inks for me!!! But I do like Echo. So why not copy me and call it Echo, but use the nails & beauty part to clarify when advertising etc.

HTH

elfprincessem said:
And the list goes on and on....... you go girl, anything you don't do ha ha! What an SVQ by the way just out of interest x x x

I like to know all there is to know :) Actually I am a bit unsure at the moment what area I want to concentrate on, so I figure if I give it all a go then I can make a decision. Nails are a huge passion and I am loving them right now.

Scottish Vocational Qualification - think the English equivilents are NVQ's. Might be wrong though....

Yes I think we are kinda on the same wave length really! I will be using the word nails though to clarify exactly what I do, it would be as you say virtually impossible to tell otherwise- i mean you could be running a nudist camp! he he! just kidding, quirky name x

Sorry should have realised it meant scottish vocational qual.- just me being ignorant again! Nails are my passion too- the possibilities are just endless aren't they. That's what I like so much about this website- were are all on the same wavelength. As far as not knowing which avenue to take, well that should be where your haert takes you or whatever makes you the happiest to do xxx

Echo is cool, but i think you do need to be careful hun, and expect people mis understanding what you do. If your prepared for that go for it, sounds cool. I'm still trying to think of mine, but i'm not going to go too big, so it dont matter, and ive not trained yet so i have time.!!!

Way to go tho, and good luck.

Thanx amy xx

amyuk said:
Echo is cool, but i think you do need to be careful hun, and expect people mis understanding what you do. If your prepared for that go for it, sounds cool. I'm still trying to think of mine, but i'm not going to go too big, so it dont matter, and ive not trained yet so i have time.!!!

Way to go tho, and good luck.

Latest posts

Back