What Does Everyone Think to this nail art course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachel_1984

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Thanks again for your helpful and lovely comments in my 'newbie geek needs advice post', I feel Im a little more on track now!

As Im living in Turkey and its hard for me to be able to train well, I found this correspondence course on eBay and wondered if you could please tell me what you think?

I figured it'd be a good way to get started with better nail art, but I dont want to waste my money if you guys think that there is better around!

Love & hugs
Rachel xxxx

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5626599758&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I would honestly say personally i wouldn't do it. Nail art is quite easy to do and i would be willing to email you pics of my designs to give you loads of ideas as to where to begin. With nail art, its not really something you really need a diploma in unlike L&P or Gel etc.

I also think that simple designs are better than trying to do really complex designs. All you need to start with is some tips stuck to an upside down ice cube tray so you can then paint a load with nail varnish, then just start playing. Have some water based acrylic paints, a long thin brush and a dotting tool if possible. There are also loads of peeps on here who actually do nail art tutorials, so i'm sure someone here can also get you started. HTH's

Thanks for the reply.
I thought the course would be handy for its contents more than anything. Being here in Turkey its hard to find all the nice acrylic paints and striping brushes. I only have 12 striping pens that I bought from eBay and so am abit restricted.

I had a play around with ideas lastnight and came up with a couple of nice ones. If anybody can give me some suggestions as to what I can practise instead of the usual flower designs Id be really grateful.

Many thanks
Rachel xxx

Rachel, have you searched Google for nail art? If you've got a natural talent for nail art, you may be able to just practise and copy. I wouldn't bother with a nail art course.

Well the ad says its a recognised course but its the first Ive heard of it...and if its nail 'art' why dont they have any art on the nails in the accompanying pic! :confused:
As already mentioned, you can pick up basic techniques from looking at pictures on the net. If you found your striping pens on Ebay...have you looked for striping brushes?
Theres a whole host of art suppliers out there, some would surely ship abroad.
Also, though I havent tried it, one of my students said she started out with nail art by buying a kit from Argos with an accompanying 'How To' DVD. If you have any folks living in the UK couldnt they get that for you & ship?
Hope you manage to sort something...but Im with the other girls... I wouldnt go for this!

Latest posts

Back