What Forms Are Recomended?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayneym

Reaction score
Hi there everyone -
I'm desperate to start sculpting and would like advice on the best forms to use & where 2 get them from - I 'm guessing they'll b from cnd !!!
Also any tips on sculpting for nail knorrers !!! Is it a better option than tips?
Sock it to me guys !
Lots u luv
Jayneym xxxx

Yep, you got that right, try CND performance forms, and good luck, its tricky but fun, you will get there but it takes a bit of time to get used to putting forms on, but once you have it its much quicker than sizing and blending tips.

I have yet to come across THE form that fits everyone every time even the CND Performance Forms!! Bet that surprises you?? :D They do for me most of the time and I love the teflon finish, but I also like the Acra-C forms (re-usable) and many times I have to customise a form to fit the client by working some magic on the form with a pair of curved scissors. Believe it or not I still have and use the future Forms form CND that they do not even make anymore. I loved those forms --- they are aluminium and re-usable. I think every tecnician needs several forms to work for all clients.

Thanx 4 ur advice on the forms -will b getting myself some of those. Hope u dont mind me asking but is sculpting a good way of dealing with a nail biter?? I have read an article on building a free edge on a bitten nail with acrylic then putting the tip on into the acrylic- giving the elusion of a longer nail bed. Does this make sence to u ? It would b helpful to see a demo as to how it works but it sounds to me like it could b quite effective. It says that it is a cosmetic way to get the bitten nail to look right- without the tip 1/2 way down the nail bed if u know what i mean ?!! I think it sounds to me like a form of sculpting but they didnt mention the use of a form & also they used a tip.
I've tried to get the link for you but the site is down at the mo.
I'd b very interested in your thoughts on this one !!!
Thanxs again Geeg - Im ssoo pleased you answered my thread in fact I'm thrilled !!
Best wishes Jayneym
geeg said:
I have yet to come across THE form that fits everyone every time even the CND Performance Forms!! Bet that surprises you?? :D They do for me most of the time and I love the teflon finish, but I also like the Acra-C forms (re-usable) and many times I have to customise a form to fit the client by working some magic on the form with a pair of curved scissors. Believe it or not I still have and use the future Forms form CND that they do not even make anymore. I loved those forms --- they are aluminium and re-usable. I think every tecnician needs several forms to work for all clients.

Latest posts

Back