What happens when shaving before a tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joannesnails

Reaction score
Hi i want to have a spray tan today (my sister is a spray tan technician) but i havent shaved and want to shave before i have the tan, and i know your suposed to shave the night before you have a tan but i was wondering what happens if i was to shave now and have a tan in a few hours? Will the tan go on just as normal? or will it go a bit wrong? thanks x

I would have though you may have some streaks as the shaving may exfoliate some areas more than others. Plus the skin may be more sensitive so you may get a rash This is just a guess though as I've never done it! :hug:

why don't you ask her (sister) ???

i "think" its to do with the tan going speckly (read that once on the back of a self tan packet)...

As the tan only attaches itself to the amino acids under the surface of the Stratum Corneum (top layer of skin cells), if you shave after the tan you will be taking some of the tan away with the shaver. Always shave pre tan and moisturise the day before the tan application.

I am sure your sister will fill you in in more details if you ask her.

I think if you shave now the pores may not have time to close properly and the tan will settle in the pores and give a speckly appearance.If you have to shave make sure you use a new razor of good quality. You can only try and see what happens?

Good luck!

Ahh i think i will leave it then as i want it to look good. Ill just do it all tonight and have the tan tommorow, thanks for all your advice it has answered my question ill make sure im prepared next time lol x

Is it the first time you have had a tan?
What did you do the last time hunni. If i were you i would ask the expert. (sis) After all she is qualified to advise you best .

Hope it turns out nice.

Elaine x

Is it the first time you have had a tan?
What did you do the last time hunni. If i were you i would ask the expert. (sis) After all she is qualified to advise you best .

Hope it turns out nice.

Elaine x

No ive had plenty :green: Well all along ive done what she said which is to shave, exfoliate and moisturize the night before the tan,but as im kind of impatient i wanted it all done today including shaving my legs but im just going to stick to the tanning rules and do what she says as there is nothing worse than having a dodgy tan xx

Back