What is the difference between nail tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aqui

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am new and was not able to find an answer to my question when searching the previous threads. Hopefully someone can assist me.

There seems to be so many different kinds of nail tips available, what is the difference and which to buy. I know that the nail tip is to be matched with the shape of the clients nail plate, this is not the question.

What I am referring to, is the cost from one supplier compared to another. Why does one supplier sell one deep C-curved (French white tip or whatever shaped tip) more than another? Other than profit, that is... I was told that all tips with work with resin, gel or whatever (although each manufacturer will request that only their tips be used with their products). How do I choose between the 360 tip tray costing $30 or $50. Is there really a difference? I would rather spend the money on good cuticle creams, polishes and the like, if there really is little difference between the tips.

Thanks
Aqui
Nail Technicien in training

Hi

I know that feeling only too well. When i started out i had a good trainer who once we qualified put us in contact with her wholesale supplier whom she buys all her products from for her salon and since shes been there for just over 20 years i took it she knew what she was talking about. I could not afford the most expensive tip on the market and didn't want to buy the cheapest either. So i went for the middle, but this was after the supplier had sent me samples. So maybe if you have a supplier as them to send you a sample and i think once you have the tip in your hand and may had a little play with it i.e. filing it cutting etc.. you will make your own mind up as we all have our own preferences. Hope this help and hope i didn't bore you. I will learn how to abreviate and shorten my message. lol

There really is a difference not just down to greedy distributors. Any distributor wants to sell their products and therefore don't just jack prices up and put themselves out of a competitive position for no good reason.

The most expensive tips are made of the finest products ... simple and more expensive.
What this guarantees you is quality control (consistent colour, long lasting, non aging, consistent shape etc)
Quick blending is another plus with better quality tips as well as less cracking and breaking.

Quality tips are made of virgin ABS plastic not just ABS. What this means is that each time the tips are made the plastic used is only melted down once NOT re-cycled and melted again for the next run of tips. Most ABS tips are made of recycled plastic (unless stated). Each time the plastic is re-cycled the tip material is more prone to cracking and breaking. I could go on and on about tips and tip production but you can chew on this info for awhile. :)

Latest posts

Back