What made my french polish green?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaffacake

Malamute Geek!
Reaction score
Hiya, did a soak off and manicure on Tuesday. Her own nails were quite long and lovely and strong underneath, I polished them french using creative creme puff and negligee (sp?) and did airshield over the top, they looked lovely when I left her.... Havent been using the airshield for very long - saw her daughter in law today at work and asked if she was pleased with the manicure? she said that she had to remove all the polish by thursday as it had gone green??? I didnt get to see them and she has now polished them herself, not very happy apparantly!

Just wondered if the airshield could have caused this (dont know if its only any good on enhancements?) or would it be more likely to be something she's been doing with her fingers? or can anyone else think of anything it could have been?

Thanks in advance xx

i allways use airshield over my polish but only ever on enhancements, thought you couldn't use it on natural nails.
i use airshield on my own enhancements, and the only time i had any discolouration was when i smoked.
so maybe they went green because it was used on her natural nails?...........still bizzare i thought it would be cracking that would be the problem not nails going green...........unless she is a constant nose picker.....lol.
sherrie give nsi a ring they may know? i would be interested too

hi
the one thing that springs to mind is ... does she wear green leather or suede gloves?
this is something i've seen a few times, whatever top coat was used.
the colour seems to come away from the inside of the gloves.
the same goes for new denim, the dye seems to b attracted to the top coat!
it wouldn't go green for any other reason i can think of, discolouration tends to b yellow or orange in colour.
liza

joannerowsell said:
i allways use airshield over my polish

What is airshield and why would you use it as opposed to a traditional topcoat?

Hi ya
I once experienced this with a top caot also ! errrr
And made enquires as to why the french mani was going green errrrr agin
The best explanation that was later verified by company was that >
The glue in the ferrul of the applicator brush was discolouring the treatment.
HTH jnail OZ xxxxx

plaoh said:
joannerowsell said:
i allways use airshield over my polish

What is airshield and why would you use it as opposed to a traditional topcoat?
airshield is a really quick dry top coat from nsi, i first used it on myself as i allways smudged my varnish no matter how long i waited (no patience either)
you use it over polished enhancements and it is totally dry in 3 minutes.
i use traditional top coats over natural nails as you can not use airshield
hth
liza not thought about the dye in leather/suede gloves, makes sense,...........flippin freezing at the moment. so gloves are a must

hmmm.... thanks for the suggestions, i will make enquiries..... x

Latest posts

Back