What makes your business a success?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violet Star

Reaction score
Ive been reading a bit on here lately about how everyone has their own way of how their beauty or nail business is a success.

So what is yours? What do you think makes clients chose you out of every other salon? What do you think makes your clients return?

Your only aloud to pick one :D

• Your Product/Brand you use
  • Your advertising and marketing skills
  • Your customer care & customer service
  • The price you charge for your treatments
  • Your own unique skill
Also, What would be your weakness in your business that you would like to/are building on to achieve?

Customer care and customer service.
But you knew I'd say that!

Hi,

I don't expect any sucessful business owner will be able to go with just one of your options! It is a combination of all of the above and more...I think that the most important thing with regards to running a sucessful business is making the right descisions, at the right times with the information that is available! Of course we all make mistakes!...but learning from them is also key in my opinion..:)

Hi,

I don't expect any sucessful business owner will be able to go with just one of your options! It is a combination of all of the above and more
Totally agree! All of your options plus dedication, passion and loving what you do.:)

• Your Product/Brand you use
  • Your advertising and marketing skills
  • Your customer care & customer service
  • The price you charge for your treatments
  • Your own unique skill
Also, What would be your weakness in your business that you would like to/are building on to achieve?

I think that Brand can be important, but then people will go to place where the brand is $#!% and accept that.
Advertising and marketing may draw people in but the best form of advertising is 'word of mouth'.
Customer care & customer service are the BIGGEST thing as they keep a person coming back.
You could have the best prices, best product, fantastic unique skill but if your customer service and customer care and after care is crap people won't return.
And some people do NOT realise or understand 'customer service' can be how you talk when a customer is there. Perhaps the tech is negative or judgmental or complains a lot or doesn't listen to the customer & is only intersted in what they have to say. I had a hair dressor, for e.g. who bagged Somalians to me while doing my hair. Now she thinks she is normal and this is ok... I talk to her about how I wasn't impressed with what she was saying and never went back. Imagine how many other customers she lost b/c of this!?!
Customer service is putting yourself in the other persons shoes and asking yourself all the time, "how would I feel about this?"

One of my biggest weaknesses is depression. I've had it all my life and every day I have to struggle through it and keep on working...
but I want to be a success and that drives me :green:

"My own unique skill"

Apparently I have a talent for making people feel relaxed.

I also have a wicked sense of humour, especially around naked male clients :eek:

My weakness is probably sitting back on my laurels. (And not being bothered to answer the phone.)

Latest posts

Back