What next after passing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGritt

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I passed my acrylic overlay and maintaining (I was told yesterday).

I would like to set up and do from home work/mobile under the name of 'Diamond Nails'. What process do i have to go through though to get this trading name?

As i am part of the military community this route will be easier for me.

I thought of my prices (for being newly qualified) would be £15 acrylic extensions but my main issue after getting insured is the trading and setting up of things.

Any help would be great

Thanks

:)

Hi hun

If you have a search here then you will find a wealth of info about setting up properly. Also, take a look at the Business Link website and Google setting up business to see what other sites you can get advice from.

The main thing I can advise you to do is get your nails up to a 'salon standard' by doing at least 10 - 20 sets at £15, then start charging more. £15 in my opinion is too cheap.

Once you have done this, you can then look into expanding your business by offering other treatments like mani's and pedi's and continue your education by taking more courses.

HTH's :)

Thanks for he reply.

I was basing my prices by being newly qualified and after gaining more experience was going to raise them.

I have been struggling looking for work in a salon and nothing near to me seems to be available that is why i thought mobile/from home would be better even though i would prefer to get some salon experience there is just nothing happening in my area... unfortunately.

Hopefully i will get somewhere with information on setting up my business as 'Diamond Nails' and will search every means i an think of.

One again thanks for commenting any help is greatly appreciated

Latest posts

Back