What to charge for semi permanent lash course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinknsparkly

Reaction score
I just did my Award in Education and going to be bringing out my first acredited course in semi permanent lashes to begin with

I have a lady that is interested already as I have been talking about it whilst doing my teacher training.

As I have only just started wondering what sort of price should I be charging?

Have had a look at other courses offered and some of the branded one especially are so expensive and not sure I could charge that price being independent.

Having said that my course contains all the skills and info necessary and is one on one which I think is possibly a good advantage.

Would doing a promotional rate be a good idea for my first few students I teach or is this not something that is done as I don't want it to be a shock when I come to put up the price.

What have others done when introducing training courses for first time.

Speaking from a student point of view I personally wouldnt pay as much for an independant course as I would for one from a big brand (such as Nouveau) for example.

I also like it when I get kits included with the course & tott up the value of the kit when comparing training, if Ive got to pay out again for products it effects what Im happy to pay for training.

I think an opening offer is ok, I would imagine that its not like a manicure where a client will be coming back regulally- ie they will see a jump one week where the cost goes up, students will only be doing the course once so they wont necessarily know about the change & if they do its a prompt to make them book in the offer period xx

Thanks for your reply is it purely the branding that appeals to you with Nouveau (and others) as I thought it too would be the best but I saw the manual as a friend did it recently and it didn't even include the most up to date information (just my opinion) and when questioning her she hadn't seemed to have learnt certain things I have included. However I can see the appeal as the brand name is a well known one so that's a great selling point.

I understand what you mean as they won't be returning so it may be ideal to do the first few cheaper so I can get into the swing of things.

I intend to source and include a kit if the student wants it but thinking of making this optional when booking.... or would you expect a kit and think it was a bit strange without

Thanks

I do find that clients are more clued up nowdays & ask for specfic treatments/brands so I see it as a marketing bonus, plus product quality is a minefield & if the training & products go hand in hand then its one less thing for me to worry about (hope that makes sense!) im a creature of habbit & tend to stick with the same thing & don't really enjoy road testing new products lol!

Out of courisoty can you buy from the big brands without brand specfic training? (Im honestly not sure but it used to be the case) and this was another draw for me, if I wanted to change brands down the line I assumed it would mean paying out for a conversion course.

Your quite right about outdated training techniques though- Ive seen a few posts from newly qualified techs having problems & when questioned by experienced lash techs theres flags going up that the training wasnt up to scratch. I was looking at an online course this morning (skill building so perfectly fine online) & its mentioned that content/manual updates are included for life & i love that idea!

I do love an included kit but can see the appeal for someone that may be joining a salon thats already stocked with products. You could deliver the best training in the world but if the students using a carp quality kit its not gonna bring out the best in the training xx

Oh I do love the idea about constant manual updates. Hadn't thought about that such a good idea.

Yes you can buy from a lot of large brands as long as you are qualified not necessarily in their course. This didn't used to be the case but a lot do let you purchase now, I know as I have tried a lot of them.

Not 100% sure about nouveau but I am not trained in them with spmu and they allow me to buy supplies for that so am assuming it may be the same for lashes maybe.

I did think that if they didn't want to buy a kit upon training would provide a list of product/ kit recommendations if they wanted to buy at a later date.

Latest posts

Back