What to do in this 'sticky' situation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinkPotions

Reaction score
Okay don't laugh!

My big tins of wax don't fit in my heater so i usually melt the wax by sitting the tin in a pot of boiling water then pour 1/2 the contents into my heater.

However, yesterday when pouring i had a concentration lapse and managed to drop the tin and pour most of the wax over my left hand! I don't know how i managed it but i sure felt stupid and angry with myself.

My problem was though i didn't know how to get it off my hand, if i get some on my hand when waxing i would remove it with a fresh strip and some wax off but what do you do when your hand is literally dripping with wax?

I had to try and take it off with strips then dip my hands in wax off for 5mins rub, rinse and repeat. It was awful! I didn't think i'd ever be wax free again not to mention i'd wasted so much of my lovely wax.

If i ever do it again (which i had better not) does anyone know what i should have done to get it off quicker as my way was really painfull and took about 45mins in total!

I would have tried using baby oil next time? perhaps??? xxx

lift as much as you can with a spatula cover the rest with a strip give it a good rub to warm it up rip off and massage the residue with almond and lavender oil. Speaking as a voice of experience on this one.

Latest posts

Back