What to put on a banner?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynne Baker

Lynne The Skin!
Reaction score
Right then, I'm planning to have a banner thingy for when I'm at networking events/wedding fairs etc - something like the ones in this link
Roller Banners, UK - RollerBanners.co.uk

I want to have the company logo, the website and phone number, but that leaves rather a lot of space and I don't know what to fill it with!

Any ideas? Should I put an image on it - or the words "Beauty Therapy", or something else?
I'm at a loss and I'd be ever so grateful for any ideas - sensible or otherwise!
Thanks
lynne

I would put an eye catching image on it somewhere make it colourful as well, it always helps to get peoples attention.

You could always brand it though so have the artwork the same as whats on your business cards and price lists etc the more people see of that branded image the more they'll remember it.

maybe have a picture of one of your treatments e.g. a manicure.
looks like a good idea though!
x

It will definitely have the salon branded logo on it - all my stationery does!
It's just that there's going to be a walloping great gap down most of the banner and I just don't know what to put there! I don't just want an image of a manicure, because people will think I'm a nail tech, which I'm not, and I don't just want a pic of a made up face because people will think that's all I do. I guess I want an image of something generic enough to imply that most aspects of beauty therapy are covered.
Gah!

instead on an image how about a phrase? That's classy & catchy (so people will remember it and make them read it) and says what you do with out saying alot (to make people enquire) something simple! Less is more as they say.

You could have a calla lilly falling down it if you know what i mean.

Could you have more than one picture?
On my stationary and signage I have 3 pictures across the top. One of feet having a pedicure, one of a young woman having a facial and one of an older man having a massage.

instead on an image how about a phrase? That's classy & catchy (so people will remember it and make them read it) and says what you do with out saying alot (to make people enquire) something simple! Less is more as they say.

The logo already has a phrase in it "a little more beautiful", so I'm not sure what more to add to that! Thanks for the suggestion though!

How about a short and sweet customer comment about they feel after receiving a treatment at Calla Salon?

And logos of the products you use?

KISS....Keep It Stupidly Simple....

Simple is best for any large banners/posters.......

How about a list of some or all the treatments you offer along the bottom if it's a wide banner like: Massage . Pedicure . Manicure & so on, but on the other hand that might stop people approaching you for a chat, oooh it's swings & roundabouts with that one.:rolleyes:

I'd be inclined to go with client testimonials as already mentioned.

It's all very well having a pretty picture but is this going to get potential clients picking up the phone?......err......no

Now, if you had a stack of satisfied clients singing your praises it may just get potential clients stopping at your stand for a chat & wanting to hear more about you.

A lot depends also on what you want the banner to do.

Do you people to take your web address details & look you up?
Do you want them to come over to you for you to have a chat?
Do you want them to book there & then?
Do you want to generate leads for further marketing?

Once you've had a little think you may find you've answered your own question.

Mmmm.. not too sure I would have a lot of writing on it as I think people may not read it all and glaze over. I have one of these banners that I take to pamper events and it has the product name and a large eye catching picture on it, sometimes less is more.

a picture that evokes a longing to "have one of those".
I think a spa like picture(s) giving an essence of what you do.

You do a few branded treatments Lynne, so why not put (with their permission of course) their logos in the space.

Look at the catalogue of pictures on the banner site and bookmark the ones that "catch your eye", now what was it about them that you liked?

Was it the colour scheme, the font, the layout, was it very very colourful or was it muted, did it have a lot of white (dead) space or was it chokka with info.

I was thinking of getting a few of these done and putting them at the top of the stairs at both venues I work from as both of them are up a flight of stairs.

Why not have a word with extentionize and ask him to design something for you?

btw

I was in staples the other week and they were doing these banner thingys for a very very reasonable price.

This makes me picture a cartoon lilly relaxing while getting a treatment done :green:

Latest posts

Back