What Treatments normally popular in...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivone

Reaction score
I'm renting a room within a unisex fitness gym (its not the size of Fitness First or anything but has plenty of male and some female members - with an agenda to increasing the female members over the next few months)

I'm hoping to set up sometime in April (date to be confirmed) and wondered if anyone else who has set up within a gym has noticed certain treatments are more popular than others.

I was told that facials, manicures and pedicures weren't as popular but waxing, body treatments especially massage was. Any comments?

I'm planning to offer the following for both men and women:-

Facials - express and luxury
Eye Treatments - shape, tint and extensions
Manicures
Pedicures
Nail Art
Body Treatments - exfoliation, back cleanse/exfoliate, massages, self tan, spray tan
Waxing

I've had a play on words for the mens treatment list calling the express facial a 'sports facial' and luxury treatments 'executive' does this sound ok?

Any advise / suggestions would be great!

Spray Tanning is very popular for both men and women. Are you trained in this?

Not officially trained with a certificate (I've had a play at a salon I worked at), but I am looking for a good product and a cheap enough kit so not to break the bank so I can get started and depending on how popular it becomes I can then invest in a better kit etc.

Not officially trained with a certificate (I've had a play at a salon I worked at), but I am looking for a good product and a cheap enough kit so not to break the bank so I can get started and depending on how popular it becomes I can then invest in a better kit etc.

Spray tanning IMO is a must have for a treatment list, its good money and quick and easy to do. Training is not a pro longed course usally just the 1 day which covers everything and its not too pricey.

There are plenty of good products for spray tanning such as couture, tantrick and sienna x - i find these to be the most popular brands.

I shall Pm you with details of how much it cost me to set up to give you a ruff idea.
x

Hi there!

Hope your treatment list has been successful and you have had a busy start. I was wondering if you could tell me how you have been getting on? I am looking to rent a room in a Gym and I am struggling to decide what to have on my Treatment Menu, without breaking the bank buying loads of expensive products. The room i have is within a small gym with mainly more mature members. Any help/advice would be gratefully recieved!

Mrs G :)

I used to rent a room in a gym. I found that the most popular treatments were massage and waxing, and I did a fair number of eye treatments. I did hardly any manicures, pedicures or facials though, I ended up throwing my facial stuff out because it went off before I could use it up.

I rent from a gym, been going for about 8 months now. It took me a while before I understood what type of clients I had.

I can tell you that I had to tweek my treatment menu twice in the first 6 months. I did a small print job of 150 price lists and another 150 before doing a large print job.

I had my price list professional done and I asked to own the artwork to allow me to make amendments.

My most popular treatments are waxing, facials, massages and eye treatments.

To be really honest, the men who have facials, they don't care what it is called. They know what they want and its called a facial.

Thanks everybody, this is really helpfu, thanks for taking the time to reply. I have been thinking of just waxing, eye treatments and Swedish Massage.

Any thoughts on offering Spray Tanning? The average age of members at this particular gym seems to be 45-50+

Bit dubious about speading lots of money on Spray Tan stuff if it is likely to be wasted or go off before it is used.

Do many more 'mature' people have Spray Tans?? Im so sorry if that sounds ignorant, i just dont know.

Thanks guys xx

Why don't you do a bit of asking around at the gym? If you have no clients in, stand around in reception, have a chat to the members as they come and go, see what they think.

Do many more 'mature' people have Spray Tans?? Im so sorry if that sounds ignorant, i just dont know.

From my experience, the younger clients use the sunbeds at the gym. The 'mature' prefer self tan. I offer the manual process as I don't have the space or ventilation for a spray tan.

My clients who use the sunbeds are not interested in fake tans, even though I tell them its a safer option.

Latest posts

Back