what waxing products do you use??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all just after a bit of feedback,

Could you tells me, what kind of wax you use? (honey, creme, tea tree etc etc) and the brand if you like and more importantly WHY you have found this to be the best.

Also...fabric strips or paper strips whats your preference? any why?

Thanks peeps in advance:hug:

amb xx

Hope this helps,I have used phd waxing for the last five years. because it is clean and individual to the client. the tea tree wax is the best for all sorts of reasons but i have found that the after wax chicken skin as i call it is not as bad with the tea tree.
And phd say you should use paper strips but i can work with both,
One down side with phd is that in the summer and if your client is hot it can sometimes be abit of a problem.

HOPE THIS HELPS.xx

I've just decided to change my wax brand to Perron Rigot
(after reading this thread) Euro Blonde and JT Strip Wax. I've been using Depelieve for ages and I do like it but since I work in a holistic centre I need something less aggressive and more natural. I used to use Cirépil Rose but that was years ago and every hot wax I've used since hasn't matched up.

Sorry Andy, just happened to have the number by me.

Minkus, it's 0870 600 1231

Ask for free samples of all their waxes but in particular Euro Blonde. xxx

Amb, did you ask for some free samples, if so what do you think of them? xx

Amb, did you ask for some free samples, if so what do you think of them? xx

they didnt have any 'samples' :irked: or so they said

so eager beaver i am i bought the euroblonde and the ceripil jt.

Only came yesterday so not had chance to try them yet.

I have however fallen in love with another wax in the mean time (strip wax) it was from sally's and is a lavender wax ..here is a random link !

Satin Smooth

it smell divine, is nice and easy to apply, seems gentle on the skin, so far so good !

cant wait to try the euroblonde on brazillians though.

Amb x

I now use phd honey wax its hygenic no mess and no cross contamination .Took a little getting use to but get on great with it now. The wax is in tubes and you use a clean applicator for each client . I find paper strips less messy and easier to control.:)

i use babyliss wax....lavenda and tea tree, but am looking for other products which is more easy and lot less messy as gets every where

i use the gigi range of waxes, they are lovely products.

Clean & Easy roller system for me -

Recently recieved a sample pack containing 4 more choices
Chocolate/Hemp/Pommegranite/Ocean Breeze...

The chocolate is great but my preference is the Pommegranite[the only one I cant spell properly or maybe I did. lol]
Hot wax preference - Bare Skin mint wax, just seems to do the job really well for me atm.

XX J XX

i recently bought the eggpot wax system as its dinky lol with this one you can use pot method (hot or warm wax) and also it has an adaptor for tube waxing (all 3 and a bargain at £50)

they didnt have any 'samples' :irked: or so they said

so eager beaver i am i bought the euroblonde and the ceripil jt.

Only came yesterday so not had chance to try them yet.

I have however fallen in love with another wax in the mean time (strip wax) it was from sally's and is a lavender wax ..here is a random link !

Satin Smooth

it smell divine, is nice and easy to apply, seems gentle on the skin, so far so good !

cant wait to try the euroblonde on brazillians though.

Amb x

Thanks for the info Honey xx,

Salon Services stock Wax a Way honey wax and it goes on nice and thinly with not too much mess. I use paper strips for everything except face. I use cotton strips for facial waxing as it's more fexible and soft. I cut it into about 6 pieces per strip so as to economise.
Another money saver - I've bought a box of wooden coffee stirrers and use them (as thin spatulas) for facial waxing.

hiya there,
in my salon we use wax away pink creme wax. clients always comment on the colour, we find this is soooo gentle and clients hardly feel a thing and it is soooo not sticky. i also use fabric strips, i find that the paper ones rip, maybe its just me-i cant get on with them!:sad:

hope this helps
alex x

does anyone know where can i find the water soluble wax?

Hey guys

I just bought the new egg pot too, it looks fab but personally i hate the kiwi wax that comes with it!! very hard to apply and really really stiky!!

Think im gonna try the tea tree aus body care!

x

I use Honey warm wax...I hated the creme wax - too thick! The honey wax glides on lovely!!
Fabric strips all the way for me...hate the paper ones :)

Salon Services stock Wax a Way honey wax and it goes on nice and thinly with not too much mess. I use paper strips for everything except face. I use cotton strips for facial waxing as it's more fexible and soft. I cut it into about 6 pieces per strip so as to economise.
Another money saver - I've bought a box of wooden coffee stirrers and use them (as thin spatulas) for facial waxing.

Where did you get the coffee stirrers from?? :lol:

Wow - this is an old thread thats been dug up. My current waxing collection consists of:

PhD Natural
PR Cerepil Homme Hot Wax

Though having done some research I am about to but my PhD kit on eBay and am moving over to a combination of Roller Wax (i'm lazy) and Pot & Spatula ... I know I can't believe it either. The combination of the three gives me good economincal product use, convience and a range of waxes to choose from that are most suited to needs for each client. Though don't tell hubby "what, your buying more waxing kit again?!" hehee.

I use salon systems roller wax (as I am mobile and a seriously mucky pup!)with their plain wax. I tried their azulene one but I hate it! And I have 2 and a half more cartridges of the bl***y stuff! It is a nightmare. I am toying with the idea of trying the Hive flavoured wax cartridges but I can only find them at Beauty Express and I am reluctant to have to find £75 worth of stuff just to try a couple of different waxes, all becasue I prefer the colours! I am soooooooo shallow! Lol Lx:lol:

Ps I use paper strips

what is the tube waxing that you are talking about? Im still training and have only seen the pots of wax. xxx

Where did you get the coffee stirrers from?? :lol:
I used to go around lifting them from coffee shops :smack:, but as my husband has a cafe................I got him to order them through one of his suppliers. They delivered this carton containing 10 boxes - each box has 1000 sticks, so I've got 10,000 sticks. :eek: I don't think I'll have to buy them ever again.

Latest posts

Back