What would you do if your client had this reaction to product? (Pic included)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gina Ballerina

Reaction score
As the title says really, the picture is of me. I trialed some new products for the salon, I used them for 3 days and stopped as my skin became itchy, 3 days after I stopped I was in A&E with this reaction. I would have gone to my doctor for steroids but it was a Sunday and I contacted NHS direct for an out of hours apt but they said I must go to A&E as my lips were swelling
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1459891716.200449.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1459891779.380980.jpg

I'm just wondering because if it were my client I think I would act differently

Excuse the hair!

Not much more you could have done. If it was a client then it's just a case of the usual advice, stop using if they feel any unusual reactions (as you did) and see the doctor if symptoms don't improve.

The picture is of me, the company told me not to use them and to see if someone else in my salon would like to trial them instead.
I had to see a private dermatologist in the end to fix my poor skin. They asked me to let them know how I got on then didn't reply after that.
I thought it was poor customer service

wow i hope your feeling much better. In instances like this, it is extremely rare, and i would take each one on an individual basis.

I had a client react to an aftercare product and not the treatment itself, i asked her to come in so i could assess what had gone wrong, luckily it had happened overnight, i gave her an another aftercare product to help calm the reaction and she has continued to come in.

Seeing as your reaction was over a period of days, i perhaps wouldn't of preserved on continued usage if it isn't required- (i once trailed a AHA product that was in a mask that was not for daily usage but i realized too late and my skin was feeling a bit tender.)

In terms of company, its your prerogative to continue trailing it out, but sometimes different products suit different skin types and i personally would want to use the product to show my clients the results! Hope you feel better xoxo

When you say products, what were they? Skin cream?

Hi PamieD.
I was interested in bringing a new peek into the salon. Rep was lovely and she wanted me to sign up there and then but I said I needed to try the treatment first so she booked to come back in 2 weeks and sent me the prep products, it was a cleaner, serum, treatment lotion and moisturiser. I stopped after 3 days and cancelled the next visit and sent pics after my hospital visit. They were prob too much for my skin. At least if it were on a 'real' client a consultation would have been done and we may have realised it wouldn't have been great for me.

Hi Wonder Woman. I couldn't use anything thing in the salon that I couldn't say hand on heart I thought was brilliant (although I'm sure these are, just not on me)
Quite a few of them have seen my reaction as well and it would put them off, I didn't tell them the company though.
Thank you for your kind reply, I'm nearly 100% now albeit £250 out of pocket, oh well we live and learn. Xxx

Latest posts

Back